09 | affection

song for the chapter
Affection, BETWEEN FRIENDS

By the time the others had left the bar, Danielle had fallen asleep on the couch. Until she was woken by Natasha coming inside, followed by Rooster, Razor, Payback, Fanboy, and Bob.

Danielle groaned sitting up, looking at them all coming inside. "Oh so you brought a party?"

"Shit I forgot you had a headache." Natasha walks over to Danielle.
"No it's fine- it's gone now." She lies.

"Good. Did Hangman take good care of you?" Natasha sits down next to her as the others find seats or stand in the living room.
"Sure did." Danielle nods.

Natasha tilts her head and smirks at her without letting the rest of the group see.
Danielle's face goes red "Not like that."

"You guys got any water bottles?" Rooster asks, walking into the kitchen.
"Left fridge door." Danielle calls out before falling back onto the couch.
"Thanks."

"Where'd you find this place it's really nice." Payback asks, sitting on the other side of the couch.
"Ask Tasha." Danielle yawns rubbing her eyes.

Razor walks over and takes a seat next to Danielle. "I don't know how you survived a ride alone with Hangman. Let alone let him help take care of you."

Danielle stares at the ceiling. "Yeah..I don't know."
"Poison you look like you're about to pass out again." Rooster says walking over from the kitchen. "Maybe we should get going guys."

"No you guys stay- I'll just go to bed." Danielle sits up, trying to wake herself up, but just slowly falls forward onto Razor.
"Come on." Razor moved her off of him and picks her up from the couch. "Which room is yours?" his voice trails off as he walks into the hallway.

Rooster takes Danielle's spot on the couch next to Natasha. "At least now you know you can trust Hangman to bring her home in one piece." Rooster says leaning back against the couch.

"I only hope it stays that way" Natasha sighs.

-

Razor carries Daniel down the hall and into her room, laying her on the bed. As she sits herself up, he grabs her pajamas and tosses them to her then looking away.

"So you know I'm gonna ask. How'd it go with Hangman?" Razor asks looking around the room.

Daniel changes out of her clothes and into her pajamas. "It was fine." she shrugs "He brought me home safe isn't that all that matters?"

Once he knew she was done, Razor turns back around to face her. "That's all?" he raises a brow.

"No." she falls back on her bed covering her face with her hands. Razor walks over and sits on the edge. "Finn- what's wrong with me?"

"I can't really tell you that if you don't tell me what's going on." He chuckles tilting his head.

"I kissed Hangman."
"WHAT?"

Danielle immediately sits up and covers his mouth. "Everyone is still here!" she sighs "I don't know what came over me."

"You like Hangman? The guy you've hated and thought was annoying all these past years." Razor days trying to knock some sense into her.

"I know." she covers her face again "I don't understand myself."

A few moments later Natasha and Rooster come in looking concerned. "We heard yelling-" Natasha says.

"Nothing-" Danielle starts
"We were just catching up." Razor says looking at the two in the doorway.
"Just talking." Danielle nods.

"Okay..." Natasha looks at Rooster quickly then back to the two on the bed. "Get some sleep please Dani."

Danielle nods as the two leave the room.
"What the hell am I going to do."

"Nothing? You don't have to do anything but show up to work tomorrow."
"But he'll be there."

"Of course he will. You need to figure out what's going on in that head of yours."
Danielle sighs.
"Give me a ride to his place."

"I'm sorry what?"
"I need to talk to him."
"Danielle it's the middle of the night." Razor says trying to pull her out of whatever trance she was in. "He's probably asleep."

Danielle grabs her phone from her bedside table and pulls up Hangman's contact, Natasha sneakily put in earlier that week.
"What the hell are you doing?"

"He'll answer." she presses the button to call and the two wait, listening to the ringing. A few moments go by and Razor sighs about to prove his point until he hears a faint
"Hello?"

Danielle takes a moment to respond. "I need to talk to you."
"I'll be there in ten."
"No, everyone's here. I'll be there in ten."

Danielle looks at Razor who shrugs and rolls his eyes. She smiles and ends the call.
"Thank you." she gets up from her bed, not caring about her outfit, and slips on some slides.

The two walk out of her room, come up with the excuse of getting a late night snack, and head out the door.

The car ride was quiet. The music played quietly in the background as Danielle stared out the window. Razor occasionally looked over at her, making sure she was okay. He could tell she was anxious. What was she going to talk to him about? They had to be up getting ready in four hours. He was hoping she wouldn't be long for that reason alone.

Pulling into the driveway, Danielle thanked Razor and had him wait in the car as she went up to his door.

She took a deep breath then knocked lightly. The door opened almost immediately, to show Hangman on the other side. Dressed in a t-shirt and boxer type shorts, he seemed wide awake.

He let her inside then closed the door behind her.
"Have you slept?" she asks, turning to look at him. He shakes his head.
"Too much on my mind. But I didn't want to wake you up."

"I don't know what's going on. I have way too many thoughts in my head right now. Razor thinks I'm crazy because of all of this." she laughs slightly, looking down at the ground.

Hangman walks closer to her and looks down at her. "Well how did this happen all of a sudden?" a small smirk grows on his face.

"You're an asshole you know that." Danielle says looking up at him.
"So I've been told."
"I just don't know how all this happened. I don't even know what all this is. I thought I hated you."

"I did too." He chuckles. Danielle looks off to the side. "It's not like we have to figure out what's going on right now, you know that right?" he asks.

"Yeah I know." she nods and looks back up at him. "I swear if you act up tomorrow-"
He laughs "I won't."
"You swear?"
"Yes ma'am." he smirks and lifts her chin with his finger, leaning in to kiss her.

Two kisses. From the guy she hates. Or hated? Danielle couldn't tell her true feelings anymore. But she did know she liked kissing him.

They pulled away and stared at each other for a moment before Hangman broke the silence.
"You should get some rest."
"Okay." she nods

"I'll see you tomorrow." She says as he walks her to the door.
"Just a few hours." he chuckles and she rolls her eyes.
She steps out of the door and looks back at him.
"Bye Jake."
"Bye Danielle."

Danielle walks to the car and gets in, immediately telling Razor to drive.
"What?"
"Drive. Go now."

Once they were down the street Danielle sighs.
"So what happened?" Razor asks curious again.
"We kissed again." Danielle covers her face.

"Danielle." Razor looks at her and she shakes her head. "Do you know what you're doing?"

"No."

A/N:

hellooo so so sorry i haven't updated in so long and this chapter is short! i have been incredibly busy and it's been so hard to even write anything.

i will in no way be able to get on a consistent publishing schedule at the moment but when I have time i will!