chapter 2Welcome

chapter 2
Welcome

      Damon had been living in his new apartment the past couple of days. He had gotten a phone delivered to him. Already set up and already had money in the bank account got food.

Damon woke up to banging on his door. He groaned, grabbing a shirt and sliding it on before answering the door to see no one other then Agent Arron Hotchner. "May I come in?" Hotch asked as Damon moved and left to his bedroom. Hotch walked into the very clean apartment and closed the door.

Damon took off his shirt and put on a clean long sleeve, black shirt. He took off his pants and put on a pair of jeans then grabbed a pair of socks. He walked out of his bedroom to see Hotch, looking around.

"Haven't had time to decorate" Damon said as he sat on the couch and put on his socks. "I see that" Hotch said looking back at Damon. "You shaved, I see" He said as Damon ran a hand down his stubble. "Yeah, though it would be nice" Damon said putting on a pair of runners.

"You ready?" Hotch asked. "Nope" Damon said grabbing his jacket then his keys. "Good" Hotch sighed as he walked out of the apartment. Damon closed the door and locked it. He followed Hotch down the stairwell and outside. "God that's bright" Damon whispered at the sun hit his face. He hadn't been outside since he was released.

"Get in" Hotch said opening the passenger door for Damon. Damon got into Hotch's car, closing the door behind him. Hotch walked to the other side, opening the drivers side and getting in.

As Hotch drove to the FBI Building. Damon's mind wondered.

When Damon was 15. He was living with his dad. Damon got good at sneaking out. And it was easy since his dad was an alcoholic and mostly slept on the couch. The one thing Roman believed in more than anything though, was god. So every Sunday, Damon, Roman and Anastasia went to church. Then it was only Damon and Roman going.

Every time Damon got into a fight, his father would drag him down to the church and make him confess his sins. Damon didn't mind church. He didn't mind believing in god or Jesus. He did mind being forced to do it.

They were never Christian, not with the shit Roman did and not with the job Damon got with the CIA. But something about getting up every morning on a Sunday. Getting dressed and ready for church and going out as one family, felt nice. Even if it was only for two hours.

Damon always wore his mother's cross around his neck. It made him safe always. No matter what.

Once Hotch pulled up to the FBI building, Damon just looked at it for a second before getting out. His feet hit the warm pavement as he looked at Hotch. Damon closed the car door and followed Hotch inside. "Welcome" Hotch said as Damon looked around.