Chapter 6 - Shopping Spree

Começar do início

On the drive back Ella fell asleep halfway through the drive so instead of having her head against the cold window I place it on my shoulder and let her sleep until we get home. Shopping has worn out this poor woman. Tomorrow will be an even busier day for her as we need to do few things and introduce her to the company, speak with Terri and Azure, then introduce her to Whitney. I play with one of her curly strands as Ryder looks at me through the rear view.

"You do have another business how are gonna go about explaining that to her or your frequent business trips? I doubt you want her to think that her new husband would be cheating on her less than a month after getting married." Ryder states.

I think about what Ryder said and knowing that Ryder has been my closet friend since we were kids. I trust his hindsight on important matters as he's never steered me wrong before "Let's finish this discussion elsewhere as I do not want to awake Ellasandra. I'll take her to our room since I'd rather have her rested and I'll ask Matilda to have some fruit placed for Ella to snack on whenever she wakes so that she has something to hold her over since she doesn't know her way around the estate just yet." I say as Ryder pulls in the horseshoe driveway. Sliding Ella over to me so I can carry her out of the car Ryder comes to open the door for us and I head for the door. I see Matilda awaiting us at the front door as she gives a small smile.

"Mr. Knight, I have prepared supper for you and madam. I figured she may not be awake when you got back so I made a snack tray for her to eat on and also let my number for her to reach me if she awakens in the night and desires something more filling than snacks. I can also get her ready for bed sir." Matilda said.

Keeping Matilda here has been on of the best decisions I've made as she's cared for me since I was a child. Now, I know that she'll protect Ellasandra when I am not around.

"Yes please Matilda; I would greatly appreciate your assistance with getting Ellasandra ready for bed. Ryder should be bringing in her clothing and all now but it is not necessary to put them away until tomorrow but she should have a nightgown and robe with slippers in a Bergdorf Goodman bag. It's a white floral nightgown that's pretty long with a similar designed robe that matches. That will be the best for Ella to sleep in, for now let's get her to bed." I say carrying the fairly light woman upstairs to our room.

Taking a mental note I have to go through my closet and make some changes so that it can hold all of Ella's clothes as now we will be sharing a common space. Matilda opens our room door for us and I lay Ella on the bed gently before removing her boots and going to the closet to put them away while I leave Matilda to get Ella ready for bed.

"Mr. Knight if you'd like to finish your night routine you can as I am awaiting Ryder to bring up that bag." Matilda whispers.

In my black satin pajama set with my red robe i walk out to Matilda who now has the bag in hand "I have some paperwork to look over in my office. Let her sleep after changing her, and I'll take dinner in my office. I prefer eating dinner before brushing as I would like to taste your cooking, Matilda." I say with a slight smile before I work in my study to handle the latest project documents as we have a pending project that shall be launch in the next few days.

*
The growling of my stomach awakens me from the peaceful slumber. 'I've slept through dinner great Ellie.' Opening up my eyes I notice that I'm alone in bed. Florian assumably didn't want to share a bed with me just yet. Taking a view of my scenery I see a small plate of snacks for me with a note. When I get up from bed I notice that there are white slippers awaiting my feet as well as a white robe. Taking a bite of the pretzel from the plate I grave the robe and slip it on with the slippers when I look in the mirror and see that I am in the Josie Natori Ines long floral robe and matching Ines v-neck floral nightgown that Florian personally picked out.