always

"Aye, y'all wanna hear something soothing?"

I walked down the hallway carefully as I was walking with my arm outstretched.

"..... Ba-by Joe?!!!!" I knew that they could hear it because I heard it.

"Y'all look," I said as I sat down and put my arm around her shoulder.

She glanced at me, then straight into the camera.

I hadn't noticed she tapped my screen because I was too busy watching her and looking at how we looked in the camera, together.

"Where you at, bro?"

I turned my head to face her before I faced the screen.

"Where you at, bro?" YB's voice filled the room.

She scooted forward and my arm slowly slid off her.

She was watching him.

I saw him notice her too and began watching him.

He would look at her for a while before glancing in my direction then look around, glance at me one more time before staring at her again.

"Where you at, bro?"

I didn't know what to say because I was with her and I couldn't explain why we were together without him or our other brothers.

"Hi, honey," He said to her

She lit up.

"HI, KENTRELL"

She yelled excitedly.

He smiled at her, laughing at how even though she was yelling it was still a soft quiet yell barely loud enough to hear if you weren't close to her.

"Where you at, baby?"

She hung up on him.

She stood up from the couch and disappeared down the hallway.

When she returned she had her bag and her shoes on.

"Who he talking to?"

She said as she held the door open for me.

I felt my phone ringing in my pocket as we headed downstairs and outside.