He would kill two birds with one stone; get Arthur to marry Lady Vivienne and get rid of the queen of dragons. He wouldn't tell this plan to anyone and execute it alone. He sent the word to the kingdom Lady Vivienne is from and requested her family to be present there as well. The only other thing left was to make Arthur agree. Vivienne was already in love with him but Arthur didn't like her one bit.

Uther sent for Arthur and the latter came in his father's study. Seeing his father sitting on the chair and his expression made Arthur realise that he would tell him something big.

"Yes father." Arthur said.

"How do you feel about Lady Vivienne?" Uther asked straight forward.

"No offence, she's power hungry."

"What do you mean?"

"Father, you told me to visit their kingdom and when I went there I wasn't pleased with the way she behaves."

"Let me tell you this straight. You're marrying Lady Vivienne."

"What!? Father, please, I don't like her."

"That doesn't change the fact."

"But father-"

"Do you dare to disobey the king's orders?"

"I'm not talking to the king. I'm talking to my father."

Uther's stone heart somehow changed slightly, very slightly, after listening to this.

"Than who is it that you want to marry?"

"I want to marry a person who will love me for who I am and not for the throne. Someone who understands me and is willing to accept me with all my mistakes. A person who won't hesitate to lay her life down for me. Support me and never leave my side."

"It's quite a task to find someone like that."

"I believe that that person is already there near me. All I have to do is wait for the time she comes infront of me."

"And when I that?"

"I hope very soon."

There was a knock on the door. Uther allowed the person to enter and it was Merlin who came in.

"My king, there's someone waiting to meet you in the court." She stated.

"And are the preparations?"

"Ready, sire."

Uther went out and Merlin also left leaving Arthur alone in the chamber and he too left after a while.

In the late evening all the guests started to come to the ballroom. Men and women in their finest clothing from and other kingdoms had come to the grand event. They all took their places while Gwen, Merlin and few other servants dressed in their dresses helped serve the people.

Merlin wore the blue dress Morgan gave her, Gwen wore her yellow dress while the others wore brown.

Gaius came in and took his place and signalled Merlin to come to him as she was passing. Merlin walked across the crowds of people and went to her uncle, who to not appear suspicious began to drink from the glass infront of him.

"What's the matter?" Merlin asked.

"Uther wants to get Arthur married to Lady Vivienne." Gaius whispered.

"So?"

"I-"

"Welcome one and all!" The announcer greeted all the invites. Noticing Gwen calling her, Merlin went there and told Gaius that she'll meet him later.