“I would say just observe. If they keep being good to you then return the same feelings but don't get too attached until you're sure they like you and not just tolerate you.”

When I don't say anything he sighs. “Take it slow, Addy. Don't expect too much. Maybe they do want to improve the relationship…. I'm just doubtful because of how they behaved when you first went there.”

“I thought things were getting better but if Rhyett's keeping secrets then the rest may be doing it as well. None of them ever talk to me about their friends or business or partners or anything that's their personal life. It's always to help me out in something or if I'm doing something wrong then they'll scold me or sometimes the twins would do silly jokes with me… that's all they talk about.”

I'm not sure if I'm overthinking and my hormones are messing my brain or if this all actually makes sense. But whatever it is, it's ruining my day that hasn't even started yet.

“Should I stop sharing my life with them? Because it seems like they aren't interested in anything more than what we already have.”

“I don't know…” He says after a while. “I just don't want you getting hurt.” My heart warms up at the concern in his voice.

“I'll try not to. And if I do get hurt then I'll always have you.”

“You do. Remember that.” I smile to myself.

A knock sounds at my door. “I think someone's here to take me for breakfast, gotta go now.”

“Okay go and don't forget to ask Lucius for dad’s birthday.”

“I won't. Bye.” I cut the call and hastily made my way to the door.

“Cyrus!” I instantly engulf him in a hug.

This is exactly who I wanted to see right now. I’m mad at Rhyett and everyone else is also making it to my hate-list for today because I'm suddenly considering all of their behavior recently.

It's funny how a single action of one person can make me reflect on all my interactions with the rest of our family.

They were no good in the past but Cyrus was always sweet which is why I'm giving him a pass. Although he didn't tell me he had a fiance until I asked but we were practically strangers back then. 

“Someone's in a good mood today.” He comments as we pull back.

“Not really, but now I am since I saw you.”

“Did something happen?” He asks, stepping in the room.

I don't know if I should tell him what happened. He wouldn't understand why I'm mad because our eldest brother didn't share his personal life with me —which he has all the right to keep to himself.

“Just morning sickness.” I lied.

“Okay… What can I do to help?”

“I'm fine, don't worry.” It has become my go-to dialogue now.

Just like me, my family needs constant reassurance as well but they just need it to make sure I'm doing well while I expect it to make me feel better.

“I came to take you for breakfast.”

“I'm ready, let's go.” Not that I had anything else to do.

I was making my way to the door when he stopped me by calling my name. I turn around and he gestures for me to move towards him. He then stands behind me and opens my messy ponytail.

“You know how to braid?” I ask surprised as he starts to partition my hair into three.

“I know much more than braids. You should come to me if you want any fancy updo. I might need to look up the tutorial but I'm quite good at following instructions.”