Chapter 8

Slowly Godzilla's eyes opened before she shut them again. Given how much time had passed she instinctively knew the morning would be here yet her body did not want to move as she felt a comfortable warmth coming from her side making her push deeper in to get more warmth. Her sleep was broken by something moving in her arm, opening her eyes again she looked down to see her offspring Jr. She seemed to be reaching for something likely the same warmth Godzilla was reaching out to. It took Godzilla a few minutes as the memories came rushing back to her. Looking up she saw the sleeping figure of Ashborn. Godzilla inspected herself and found out that she was pressed against Ashborn with one of his arms around her, his cloak covering her acting like a blanket. Godzilla blushed as she took the scene in however she was far too comfortable to move. Usually, she would be pissed at a situation like this but she felt comfortable around this giant from the stars. Looking down she saw her daughter still trying to reach for Ashborn causing Godzilla to gain a small smile. Moving her arms Godzilla put her daughter against Ashborn's chest where she immediately wrapped herself around him as if out of instinct Ashborn's other hand moved and he put his arm under Jr to support her at the same time his arm around Godzilla pulled her closer to him as he wrapped the two around him. The grip was tight but very comfortable at the same time for her making her remember the time her parent would hug her while sleeping when she was young. Godzilla closed her eyes as sleep took her once more. 

Timeskip~

Ashborn's eyes opened as he looked around and found himself in Godzilla's cave. Looking down he saw Godzilla and Jr hugging him and sound asleep. Looking up he could see that the sun had risen in the sky. Seeing that how comfortable Godzilla and Jr were made him sit still as they slept. He didn't want to disturb them. 

Ashborn:'Greed'

He called for one of the commanders mentally. A shadow began to rise from the darkness surrounding Ashborn as Greed stepped forward before going on a knee.

Greed:'You called, Lord'

Ashborn:'I want you to act as a spy and check on the human world. Keep me updated weekly. Take the assassins with you and station them on all the important leaders and people in the world'

Greed:'Understood'

Greed sank into the shadows and Ashborn attention was taken with the moving form of Jr. She seemed to be waking up. Jr opened her eyes she looked up to Ashborn smiling at her. Even though she couldn't see it she could feel it.

Ashborn: Slept well?

Jr hummed and gave a big yawn, Ashborn found the child's actions adorable. Shortly after Godzilla awoke, and gave a big yawn that her daughter had just given. Ashborn also found the so-called queen of monster's actions cute as her daughter had done the same. Godzilla looked up at Ashborn and felt him smiling at her.

Godzilla: What are you smiling for?

Ashborn: Just something cute caught my eye~

Godzilla blushed she knew he was referring to her and to go even as far as to call her cute, now that was something wasn't it. Before she could say anything Ashborn pointed at the still yawning smol Kaiju in his arm.

Ashborn: Isn't she just adorable?~

The blushing Godzilla went from feeling butterflies in her stomach to a deadpan look. Ashborn chuckled he knew that she knew what he meant and played her like that for his own amusement but how could he not?! Such an answer was waiting for him to come back! Godzilla pouted and she punched him in the side making Ashborn laugh at her reaction. Soon after that, all three exited the cave, Godzilla went hunting for Jr and brought a ton of huge fishes. She did offer him but he didn't want to eat raw fish so he made the excuse that he wasn't hungry. So after eating Godzilla told Jr to meet up with Mothra as she left to patrol the oceans. Ashborn began walking away and Jr looked at him before she began following him. Feeling that he was being followed he turned around and looked down.

Ashborn: Why are you following me?

Jr: Where are you going?

Ashborn: My question first.

Jr: because I got nothing to do!

Ashborn: Don't you have to meet up with Mothra?

Jr: I will have nothing to do! I am bored!!

Ashborn: I should have you sent to school.

Jr: What's that?

Ashborn: Trials.

Jr: Trials? Sounds difficult.

Ashborn: You have no idea.

Ashborn turned around and began walking away. Jr quickly ran trying to catch up to Ashborn.

Jr: Where-

Just as Jr caught up to him Ashborn moved forward as Jr was cut off as she fell behind. She caught up again.

Jr: are-

Again Jr fell behind before she caught up to Ashborn again.

Jr: you-

Again the child fell behind, and Ashborn did not stop walking. After a few minutes, Jr was holding on to him and sat on his shoulder. 

Jr: going?

Ashborn: You learnt your lesson.

Jr: What?

The child was confused as Ashborn walked at a relaxed pace.

Ashborn: You tried to catch up to me but I walked away. So after trying a few more times, you found a solution to that problem to just climb on my back.

Jr looked surprised at his words.

Ashborn: Good job and to answer your question here.

Ashborn stopped as Jr looked where they were. They were on a shore far away from where the others lived. It was an area that no one used. With confusion, Jr asked.

Jr: What are you doing here?

Ashborn: I wanted to stretch my legs a bit. You should get down. I am about to jump.

Jr: Jump?

Jr climbed down as Ashborn created distance between them. Bending his knees slightly, he took off. The ground under him cracked as he took to the skies. In less than a second he crossed the atmosphere of the earth before his feet touched the surface of the moon. Looking towards Earth he understood why all those Kaiju's tried to take over this planet. It looked like a shining jewel in the darkness that felt like it gave hope to the hopeless. Tensing his leg slightly he jumped towards the earth. The moon's surface under his foot shattered as a massive foot imprint was left behind. Launching himself he made sure to circle the globe once to check on how the human population was doing. It seems a majority of them were traumatised from experiencing death mentally. Quickly he landed on the monster island where he had taken off, landing gently he made sure he didn't break the ground under him. Looking down he saw Jr looking at him with wide eyes of confusion and awe.

Jr: You can fly too!!

Jr shouted in excitement as Ashborn chuckled hearing her.

Ashborn: No, I jumped.

Jr: That was a jump!! It was so cool!!

Ashborn: I know.

Jr: Teach me!

Ashborn paused as he looked at jr in confusion.

Ashborn: What?

Jr: Teach me how to jump!

Ashborn: It wouldn't be easy, child.

Jr: I want to learn how to jump!

Ashborn breathed out as Jr used her ultimate move. She widened her eyes and clasped her hands together, the puppy dog eyes hit him with a critical hit. 

Ashborn: Alright. Get ready then! 

Jr: Yes! When do we start the training?

Ashborn smirked as Jr felt dread.

Ashborn: Now!