31-40

Read Novels Online Free
Home  I’ll Be The Warrior’s Mother  Chapter 31
I’LL BE THE WARRIOR’S MOTHER

Chapter 31
Prev Chapter

Next Chapter
“What’s the name of this wine?”

“I went to the kitchen and asked for the best drink. I don’t know the name.”

“Hmm…”

“If you like it, I’ll leave the empty bottle here so that you can find out for yourself later.”

“Haha, all right then.”

Amongst the faint tension, Yelena shared a glass with Incan.

Of course, most of Yelena’s share of wine was consumed by the towel.

By the time the thick towel on her lap had dampened, Incan’s eyes were slightly disoriented and his speech slurred noticeably.

Yelena sighed in relief, unconsciously twisting the jewels on her bracelet.

‘Phew.’

“So… what is troubling the Duchess?”

“Troubling?”

There was no such thing.

It was just an excuse to create this opportunity and drink alcohol with Incan.

‘Not to worry, I did have a question. I was curious to know what the hell he did to the maids that caused them to quit their job.’

Yelena wanted to ask him immediately, but he wouldn’t answer such a question openly no matter how drunk he was.

She agonized over how to bring it up and decided to invent a worry to continue the conversation and put the words in her mouth2.

“As I said, it’s not a big deal. It’s a child problem.”

“A child problem?”

‘There’s no concern more common between a couple than the topic of children.’

There was, in fact, a mild truth to Yelena’s words.

At that moment, Incan spoke.

“You haven’t been married for that long, but you’re already… concerned about that?”

‘Oops.’

Ads by Pubfuture
Yelena blinked. It was then when she recalled she was a newlywed.

Only a month had passed since she got married, yet there was a child problem. It was not impossible, but it was unnatural.

Yelena quickly found an excuse and continued, “That’s right. Rather than worrying about having no children…”

“I understand.”

“Huh?”

“The Duchess’s troubles… I understand.”

‘What did you understand?’

Where did the confidence come from?

Yelena couldn’t understand Incan’s words, so she only blinked.

In the meantime, Incan continued to speak.

“What will you give me?”

“What?”

“If I can solve your worries… what would you do for me in return?”

His words carried weight.

Yelena frowned at the excessive confidence she felt in his words.