6-10

Read Novels Online Free
Home  I’ll Be The Warrior’s Mother  Chapter 6
I’LL BE THE WARRIOR’S MOTHER

Chapter 6
Prev Chapter

Next Chapter
His claim was supported by a book as the basis.

In an old book about the Ancient Devil and curses, a devil’s symbol similar to Duke Mayhard’s patches was recorded in it.

‘But it was just similar. If you look at it closely, it’s a different shape.’

However, generally, people were not interested in the accuracy of the information.

How amusing it was.

How stimulating it was.

Sadly enough, that someone’s claim satisfied both conditions—

And from then on, people started whispering that Duke Mayhard was a monster cursed by the devil.

‘On top of that, an unfortunate accident happened afterwards…’

If it weren’t for that accident, maybe Duke Mayhard wouldn’t be seen as a monster by the people as much as now.

At that moment, Yelena who was deep in thought got jolted awake by Mielle’s voice.

“Why would you say that when you know why? Would you be able to give birth to his child?”

“Why wouldn’t I be able to?”

Yelena was perfectly calm.

She knew that, unlike the rumors being treated as the truth by the people, Duke Mayhard was not cursed by the devil.

‘How can the child of someone cursed by the devil be the Warrior?’

It would be a different story if they became the Demon King instead.

Her cousin Mielle, who didn’t know the truth, most likely just believed the rumors going around.

Yelena tried to reason with her.

“Mielle. You believe that kind of rumor?”

She got cursed at immediately.

“Are you seriously crazy? You’re just saying whatever because it’s not your business, aren’t you? Duke Mayhard’s face being hideous is not a rumor but a fact!”

“Ah.”

Yelena halted.

His looks. She didn’t consider that.

“…What if you turn off the lights? Intercourse is done at night anyway. How about turning off the lights so you can’t see his face?”

“Is that the problem?”

“Then?”

“If I have an intercourse with him, what if I get infected by the patches too?!”

“What?”

Yelena was surprised.

“If my face turned out like that, then I’d rather die!”

“Wait. Infected? Why would you get infected by it? Is it a venereal disease?”

The patches that no one could uncover for 20-something years were in fact a venereal disease?

“I don’t know! Anyway, just keep in mind that I will never give birth to something like the Duke’s child. Why would you suddenly come to meet me and say such nonsense? Are you that free?”

Mielle, who just burst out at Yelena’s stunned face, soon settled down and added calmly,

“And I’ve decided to bring over Sir Amber as my guard knight when I go to the Duchy later.”