@15

Chaerin was back in the recording studio. The fresh smell of the wooden tables and the crisp noise of the flipping papers added an odd sense of comfort to her heart. This was her natural habitat, this is what she dreamt of. It felt good to be back.

"Ready Chaerin?" The new producer smiled.

"Whenever you are, eonnie." She smiled.

Seollie nodded before starting the music and recorder. Chaerin stared at the page full of lyrics before indulging herself into the music.

A smile grazed her face as she heard the familiar voice of her production mentor and brotherly figure flowed into her ears.

"So are you happy now?" She sang, "finally happy now, yeah.." she felt that somewhere he wrote the song for her, he wanted his message for her to be voiced by her.

"We dance under the orange sun
Together with no shadow below us
No separation was meant to be
Let’s meet at the memory that was once beautiful" A slight layer of years appeared in her eyes as she finished the first chorus.

"I miss you when the morning comes
Let’s both pass this aeon
We’ll surely meet on this island once more" Min Yoongi's voice flowed out of the headphones, guilt crawled up her chest as she put down the headphones for a minute.

"You need a break?" The woman asked from the other side.

"A moment please." She said softly. Seollie left her chair and entered the recording room.

"Let go of your guilt, what's done is done. In a situation like yours, nobody thinks rationally, it could've been worse. You're alright baby."  The older girl rubbed her back. Chaerin nodded before starting to sing again as they re-rolled.

As the recording ended Chaerin decided to sit around in the lounge room before heading over to her production room.

"Did you have lunch?" A voice called out as she turned to see them.

Chaerin smiled getting up to hug the boy, "I missed you."

"I did too but you didn't answer my question, Chae." Heuning Kai pulled back looking down at the girl, arms still around her waist. Chaerin nodded negatively, stepping back.

"Let's grab lunch then....If you're free?" Kai smiled.

"Is it a date?" She asked playfully, picking up her things, chuckling to herself.

Kai stared at her back, brain churning in alarm, pushing him to say things he'll regret. He clenched his first, "you wish." He forced a smirk. Chaerin laughed loudly as she passed him unaware of his erratic heart. Letting out a nervous breath he followed the girl.

+++

Jena's party was hectic for Chaerin. Too many people, too loud, too suffocating. Pushing herself out of the stuffed room she took a breath. She shouldn't have agreed to come to a social gathering so soon. She was not ready.

"You good?"

Chaerin nearly gasped as she felt a cold hand on her shoulder. Juyeon retracted his hand immediately staring at her questioningly.

"Yeah...yes. It's...stuffy in there." Chaerin smiled hessitantly.

Juyeon stared at her for a while before his hands moved towards Chaerin's face. Pushing back a small strand of hair behind her ear he frowned, "do you wanna go home? I can drop you off at the new dorm."

Chaerin stared at him, eyes widening at his fleeting touch. Oh god no, it's way too soon for her heart to leap out. Oh she was so care deprived, so little affection made her heart go wild. Was she a child or what? Snapping out of her thoughts she nodded dumbly, "I'll like that honestly." 

Juyeon smiled, grabbing her hand, "let's go then."

+++

Chaerin finally had her own dorm but considering she just recovered from anxiety and depression, her brother lived with her.
Hyunbin narrowed his eyes at Juyeon's retreating figure before he turned towards his sister with raised eyebrows.

"Is he your rebound?" He asked bluntly.

"What?" Chaerin gave him a look.

"You know, after that Aussie dude?"

"No. He is...just a friend. Honestly hyunbin, stop speculating." Chaerin rolled her eyes.

+++

3 months later

The promotions of her new album ended and Chaerin was sitting in the company cafeteria, having her dinner before she could head home considering her brother would come home late that day.

"Hey." Juyeon greeted her, sitting infront of her. Chaerin smiled, "hey."

"Congratulations on the win at music core by the way." Juyeon said.

"Thanks, how is the training going?" Chaerin asked.

"The usual." Juyeon smiled, having his food. Chaerin too continued to eat until she felt his eyes fixated on her.

"What's wrong?" She frowned.

Juyeon smiled goofily, "you have....rice on your-"

Chaerin touched the place he pointed at trying to find the rice. She frowned having not found anything.

"Let me." Juyeon said softly, his fingers brushed over her lips as he successfully picked out a grain of rice on the very same spot Chaerin touched and found nothing but Chaerin didn't notice that, her eyes were focused on his face as they made eye contact, face centimetres away. She blinked, clearing her throat before laughing slightly.

"Uh...umm...thanks." she laughed awkwardly. Juyeon rubbed his neck going back to eating. The rest of the time in the meal it was silent.

+++

A/n
Half assed update.