Chapter Nineteen

I'm back b*tches
-A

Jkjkjk
-H

Chapter Nineteen

New Years Eve, 2005
9 years ago

***<Ethan's aka Sophia's mates POV>***

I stood nervously before the mahogany doors. Being summoned by the Alpha King is a big deal in our society. I was currently standing outside his study. My palms are slightly moist and I rub them on my jeans.

"Come in," rumbled a deep male voice.
I turn the knob and push on the door.
I'm greeted with the sight of a sturdy mahogany desk. The King must have a thing for the color mahogany.

The King sat behind his desk with paperwork sprawled around. He looks up at the sound of the door opening. His piercing green eyes lasered in on me. He watched my every move. I stood in front of his desk with my hands clasped behind my back.

"Good evening, Alpha King," my voice echoed in the room.

He acknowledged me with a nod, "Please take a seat."

I awkwardly sat down in the stiff blue chair. It felt like I was back in elementary school in the principal's office. I felt uncomfortable under his piercing eyes. He seemed to be looking for something in me. I keep my face emotionless and endured his searching eyes. After a few moments, he slightly smiled and looked satisfied about something.

"I've heard a lot about you Ethan Stanford. You were the best in your class. You set one of the fastest times in shifting. Not to forget your efficiency in hunting and tracking. That's quite impressive," he praised me.

I relaxed a little in the chair, "Thank you, your Highness."

"They are qualities fit for an Alpha, don't you think?" he asked me.

"I'd like to think so. I will be a better Alpha then my father," I announce to him.

"Good enough to be the Alpha King?" he asks with a hint of curiosity laced in his voice.

"Honestly, yes. I feel like I would be capable to take your spot. I can't guarantee to be a great King, but I will protect my people. Every man, women, and child would matter."

He chuckled at my answer, "That's what I was hoping to hear."

I looked at him in confusion, "Sorry. I don't understand."

"You are aware that I have no successor to continue my lineage besides my daughter. I can't risk that her mate will be unable to rule efficiently. I have to ensure the future of all the Werewolves. "

I nod in understanding, "Yes I'm aware of this but how do I fit into all of this?"

"Your father and I struck a deal to create an alliance. It involves my daughter and you. I want you to take my throne and mate with my daughter."

I sat frozen in my seat. I couldn't speak. I know that I have a mate out there. I've been waiting to find her since I turned, but now I'm at a cross roads. Either I take this generous deal and become king or I can tell the king to shove it.

Logic won over. I can make the changes to this corrupt society with that kind of title. My Wolf is going to have to deal with a forced mating. This is for the good of the kingdom. I force a smile on my face.

"Of course, your Highness. It's a brilliant idea."

He smiles brilliantly at me, "Call me father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Short and sweet.
Love you guys!-Hazel