"Just put them---" one guard said

"Out of their misery? Got it" another said, creating a spell circle large enough to fit both Hunter and I in, I flinched away. They were going to k1ll us?

"TO SLEEP DUDE. TO SLEEP" the original guard said (( A/N : that would have been an interesting ending ))

"Oh yeah, right. Right." the other guard closed the spell circle, opening another, which a flute-like thing fell from. They played a soft melody, and a blue mist ran from the flute. My eyes drooped and I was overwhelmed with tiredness, before giving in and closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~time skippity skip~~~~~~~~~

My eyes slowly opened, P/N stood, watching me.

"She's waking up!" I heard a voice say

"This one too!" another chimed in

A few people stood over me, I didn't recognize them. I sat up, rubbing my head, I saw Hunter sitting up on a cot next to me. There were several people on all different cots, with wounds being healed, from minor, or worse.

Hunter shot to his feet "This--- This is an illusion! Gus, are you--" he was cut off as he tripped and fell over.

I still felt a little shaky, but I walked to his side. Someone who I guessed was a healing student stood beside us as I took his hand and helped him up.

"Try not to stand so fast" they suggested.

"This isn't an illusion, you're in the healing homeroom" another one added

I took Hunter's hand in mine, a quiet sign of my comfort. I smiled lightly as he squeezed my hand. A man with a sort of demon-like thing on his head, I believe he was the principal, 'Principal Bump', stepped towards Hunter and I, his hands behind his back.

"Well, Ms. Golden Guard, and uh- scout companion....." Principal Bump said

"Y/N" I said "And he's Hunter"

P/N landed on my shoulder, flapjack landed on Hunter's shoulder

"We saw you being dragged around, and some of the students were determined to save you" the principal continued

A few students smiled at us, maybe there was hope of being accepted here....even after all of the horrible things that we had....used to support.

"But I am not yet convinced of your innocence" Principal Bump said, his eyes narrow. "Where have your scouts taken Augustus?"

"Thats the golden guard?" I heard someone say

"She looks sickly......and her friend isn't much better" Another put in

"I could probably take the both of them" Said another

A dog-like creature sneezed and growled, in what I guess was some sort of different dialect.

"We're not with them, we swear!" I said, Hunter nodded beside me

"We were with Gus the whole time" I continued "We were trying to get him to you!"

"Maybe we could trade them for Augustus. I'm sure the emperor would want them back" A demon with purple skin and several eyes said, my breath caught in my throat at the thought.

"She's not lying, Gus was showing us around!" Hunter tried defending me, which I was thankful for.

"There was a sandwich- he showed us this breathing thing-- Please you've gotta believe us!" I said, shaking with the anxiety of being brought back to the emperor

A felt a hand on my shoulder "They're telling the truth" a girl, she must have been the real Willow said. "And they both can help us drive Head Witch Graye and his scouts of of the school."

"Yeah!" I said, nodding my thanks for Willow's support "Graye said he'll be in the gym, but he will be guarded."

Amity stood up "That won't be a problem. Willow can bust through anything!" she shot willow a smile.

"yeah , but I'll need help" Willow said

"Say no more! I'm on it!" some random guy walked up beside Willow and Amity. .

The principal sighed "Lets just come up with a plan."

Someone behind us clapped "YES! This is my favorite part!"

A bit of hope sparked in me, we would rescue Gus, and maybe even escape with few new allies, perhaps even..... Friends.

((A/N - And here I sit. Chapter 23 at my fingertips. With the knowledge of all that happens during it. 

also as i publish this i'm writing *wheeze* the end of thanks to them- ))