Dangerous Liaisons

A/N: Long chapter.

I'm sorry I took so long to update this, I was going through writer's block while trying to write this, so it might be kinda all over the place, but I hope it's still a good chapter for you guys.

********************************

Third Person POV:

After making sure Alaric was okay in the hospital, Elena left and got into her car. She started her car and put it in reverse, but stopped when she hit something.

She got out of her car and checked her bumper but saw there was nothing there, when all of a sudden, Rebekah appeared.

"Drive much?" Rebekah retorted.

"Rebekah!" Elena exclaimed in shock and surprise.

Rebekah grabs Elena and pushes her against her car.

"Surprised? You drove a dagger through my back, Elena. It hurt," Rebekah said in anger.

Rebekah tries to bite Elena but is pushed away when a shadow leaps from Elena's body.

"What the bloody hell?" Rebekah retorted in confusion as she saw the shadow take a solid form in front of Elena.

"It's a shadow demon that Theo has to keep tabs on everyone and protect them if necessary," Elena explained as the shadow being just continued to look at Rebekah with a blank stare.

"Well bloody fabulous," Rebekah said in a huff.

"Look, it's Theo's birthday tomorrow, and for his sake, can we both just be cordial for him on that day," Elena bargained with Rebekah.

"Fine," Rebekah said before vamping away.

********************

Theo's Pov:

I was walking down the stairs in Klaus' mansion after spending the night when I got to the den area to see my siblings. Rebekah was getting her nails polished, Kol was having a suit adjusted by a tailor for some reason, while Elijah and Finn seemed to be preparing something.

"Uhh, what's going on here?" I asked, causing them all to turn their heads to me.

"Happy Birthday, Henrik," they all said.

"Thanks, but you guys still didn't answer my question," I said.

"Mother has taken it upon herself to commission a ball for your birthday," Elijah said.

"Seriously?" I asked, and the others nod their heads.

"And before you say anything, you know mother won't change her mind, so it's best to suck it up and play by her rules," Kol said as the tailor finished his suit.

"Great!" I exclaimed sarcastically as I went and sat on the couch with Rebekah.

"Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am," Kol asked as he stared at himself in the mirror.

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled," Rebekah sassed, causing me to laugh and Finn to grin.

Before Kol could make a come back, the door opened, and Klaus came in with an angry look on his face as he walked over to us.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?!" Klaus exclaimed.

"What?!" I exclaimed also as I looked at Rebekah.

"Yes, I did, but -" Rebekah started but was cut off by Klaus.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" He threatened.