The Ties That Bind

Third Person POV:

Bonnie and Elena are in the basement of the old witch house staring at the coffins.

"I've been having these dreams for days now. It's like the witches are trying to send me a message," Bonnie said to Elena after telling her about her dreams.

"What do you think they mean?" Elena asked.

"I think they're trying to tell me that whatever is in that locked coffin can be used to kill Klaus," Bonnie said.

"Which begs the question what's in it," Elena said, looking at the coffin,  until she heard Stefan's voice behind her.

"What the hell are you doing?" Stefan yelled.

"I needed her to know about the coffin," Bonnie said, noticing that Elena looked uncomfortable in Stefan's presence.

"And I needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie," Stefan said.

"Oh, I'm sorry I don't work for you, so deal with it," Bonnie said, annoyed.

"Leave her alone, Stefan," Elena said.

"I think I know who can open the coffin, Stefan. And I need Elena to help me find her," Bonnie said before Stefan could say anything to Elena.

"Find who? What are you talking about?" Stefan asked, confused.

"I couldn't place her face at first. Then I realized..." Bonnie trailed off as she pulled a photo out of her pocket and showed it to Elena.

"Oh my god, Bonnie," Elena said with recognition.

Stefan looks at the photo to see a woman and a baby.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"It's my mom," Bonnie said.

***************

Sometime later, Bonnie and Elena were at the Gilbert residence looking through a pile of driver license records ,searching for Abby Bennett.

"Los Alamitos?" Elena suggested, giving the record to Bonnie to look at.

"Too old," Bonnie said.

"Honolulu?" Elena suggested again.

"I wish," Bonnie said. "How many of these are there?"

"A lot. I asked the sheriff's office to pull up every single Abby Bennett in the country," Elena said.

"I'm taking a break," Bonnie said with a sigh. "Where's Theo?"

"He's out with Jenna. Things between her and Alaric have been a little dicey since she became a vampire, so Theo decided to take her to meet his witch friend Diana," Elena explained.

"Ok, and what about you? How are you dealing with Stefan almost killing you and turning you into a vampire?" Bonnie asked.

"To be honest, I'm a little traumatized, but I can't deal with that right now," Elena said. "Anyways, why are you helping helping Stefan try to open this coffin?"

"I'm not, well not really. Theo came up with a little plan, I'm just helping along. Besides, I'm also doing it to stop these dreams," Bonnie said.

"I still can't believe we're trying to look for your mom," Elena said, looking back through the records.

"It was bound to happen sooner or later," Bonnie sighed.

"How about sooner," Damon said, entering the house with a manilla folder in his hands.

"Abby Bennett Wilson, Monroe, North Carolina. Born in Mystic Falls Hospital, graduated Mystic Falls High...blah blah blah."

Damon passes the folder to Bonnie, and she opens it to look at the driver license record.