Chapter twenty-three

Before the chapter I just wanted to say thanks to anyone who reached the end, its been a proyect i've struggled to  finish, but i'm proud to say that here it is.

If i'm honest I read this chapter from one of those 'haikyuu oneshots', this idea was from like two comments that the author combined. She did like three chapters of that story, but never came back....I don't know what was, but just strucked my mind.

I've written approximately 20 stories, and never even written more than a tenth chapter on any of them. But I just liked this idea so so so much, I couldn't find myself stopping from writing.

I'm very glad I did this, and I'm very glad i was able to show it to others. This will probably it will leave a void in my chest. 

Again thank you so much for reading and I hope we'll find eachother again someday.

°°°°°

The moonlight cast a soft glow on her room as she lay sideways on her bed, her gaze fixed on the old Nokia beside her. She knew she should be asleep, even more when she had first hour meeting with her club members. But there she was, glancing at the clock as she watched the time tick away, the numbers inching closer to midnight.

As the clock struck midnight, the antique phone began to ring, Ushijima's name printed the screen, and she couldn't help but smile at the familiar sight. She let it ring for a moment, pretending she wasn't eagerly waiting for his call.

"Hello?" she answered, feigning a yawn to keep the pretense.

"Happy birthday, princess," Ushijima's voice came through the phone, his words carrying a serious yet affectionate tone. "Were you asleep?

"Yeah, but not deeply yet." She said, twirling the ends of her hair with her fingers. "I just kept dreaming about you." She flirted.

"Oh really?" Ushijima chuckled softly on the other end of the line. "Dreaming about me, huh? I hope they were good dreams."

"They always are." She giggled, as she stayed thoughtful for a minute, a sad pout formed into her lips "I miss you."

Ushijima had graduated at the end of last year, and was now part of Japan's volleyball team, which was an incredibly knowing it was just the beginning of his career but conflicted her because it meant him having to travel constantly. He was in Brazil for the week, playing against some other countries she would watch on the tv at the tragic different hours.

An unhappy sight could be heard. "I miss you more ___."

They stayed quiet for a minute, letting the sorrowful emotions sink. But the moment she felt her eyes water, she immediately tried to lighten the mood. "Toshi is it hot right now there? I'm freezing here."

"It is quite hot in Rio right now," He answered. "Its midday, the sun its at its brightest, but you wouldn't enjoy it. You barely survive summer in Miyagi." He joked.

She laughed. "But it's different because is Brazil! Here is just the same but hot."

"Well, you would be very impressed how different this is from Japan. The food, the music, the people their customs." He slightly chuckled. "They wear little clothes compared to there."

"Oh really?!" She scoffed narrowing her eyes. "A lot of tan girls in bikinis?"

He laughed openly, finding funny her sudden jealousy. "I can't deny women here are very beautiful."

"I bet they are," She rolled her eyes. "Why don't you go and meet some Brazilian woman with voluminous curves?"

He chuckled, amused by her playful jealousy. "I'm not interested in Brazilian women. I have someone else in mind."