Chapter two

She looked down at her phone again.

Her phone which never seemed to be charged was eventually about to die. And Oikawa wasn't answering at all.

Their older sister asked him if he could pick Takeru up from school since she had a meeting, she couldn't miss. But he said he was busy, so he promised his younger sister a boba if she picked him up instead and waited for him to join them after.

She accepted and went to the park with her nephew. Luckily, Takeru always had volleyball with him, so they were able to have some fun while they waited for Toruu to come. But he was late, an hour late. They were hungry and she had already spent the few coins that she had brought in popsicles. Her older brother didn't seem to be appearing soon.

She sighed as she saw the phone turn off on its own. Now she could communicate with no one. The only thing left, was hoping that her brother haven't forgotten about them and come.

She went back to where Takeru was. Her lips were in a smile, trying to hide from him her real worry.

They played for a while more, passing the ball around, the boy practicing his skills and her trying to help him.

"Look at this Ka-Chan!" Said Takeru from the other side of the small court. He took the ball with one hand and then extended his arm to set a point in the court. He took a step back and threw the ball in the air, he jumped and hit the ball.

As expected, it flew with no direction and was way too far away.

"You know, repeating the same ritual as Toruu won't make you serve like him." She laughed, walking backward to get the ball back while seeing his exasperated expression.

"Ugh! But then how?" He screamed as he placed his hands over his head dramatically."

She laughed even laugher and then turned around. But before she could even bend to get it. Someone already had it in their hands.

Her smile faded as she recognized Ushijima holding the ball. Her brother wasn't going to be happy seeing him here.

"___-chan." He spoke, and on his lips, the most unnoticeable grin formed.

She turned around just to barely see Takeru; he ran up to her. She felt a rushing gut feeling. Not being able to distinguish if it was of nervousness or embarrassment or if she just didn't want to see him.

She turned again. "Hello."

"Good evening __-chan." He replied.

Takeru who had just arrived by her side lightly hit her with his elbow. "Does he also call you like that?" He whispered.

"Is a long story." She said in a way she meant hush.

She looked again at the tall celebrity. Imaging him, a huge guy, calling a cute pet name like hers made her think...it was plainly cute.

"Good evening, I'm Takeru." Her nephew bowed slightly, and Ushijima did the same.

'Evening?!' She thought. They arrived in the afternoon. Did Oikawa really forget about them? Oh God, she was going to be so pissed.

"What are you doing here?" She asked. Maybe they were friends? Maybe he sent him or something.

"I live close by." He responded. She nodded slowly, apparently looking for something else, not knowing what else to say. He realized his dry answer and asked the question back. "And you?"

She licked her lips, not being very worried about what would happen if his brother just appeared. She cared more than before.

"We were waiting for Toruu to arrive. But he stood us up." She replied.