Chapter eleven

It has been a little less than a week since they last saw each other at the festival.

It's been a while since Ushijima said those words to her.

And since then she had been avoiding him completely.

Besides not touching her phone at all, she hid it in the deepest part of her closet. Avoiding not only his but everyone's calls.

It has been a hard week for her.

She was torturing herself to be disconnected from absolutely everyone.

She hadn't been sleeping or eating. She barely left her room, and apart from just going to school, she locked herself up until the next day. She wouldn't even talk to his precious older brother.

However she was able to avoid Toruu, after all, he thought she was in her days, and it was best to leave her alone.

And even if that wasn't true, she was thankful he didn't bother her.

As the week passed by, she tried everything to forget about it. Straying until late studying for exams that weren't even coming, editing the newspaper for the fourth time, getting new clothes, and switching her room

Nothing seemed to do but the opposite.

She was losing attention in class and getting a few warnings. Her presidents noticed her rare behavior and let her go early for the rest of the week. The clothes she got weren't her style and she ended up making her room look the same.

She didn't know how to describe that feeling. She felt like doing nothing at all, just existing was purely draining. That emptiness and complete void ruled her mind and her heart.

It seemed too strong for her. The thought of him wouldn't leave at all.

She missed how he would gently hold her hand and how he could look at her so tenderly. She liked when he made her laugh without even thinking about it. She liked how he looked and cared for her.

They didn't know each other much, why was it bothering her so much?

She was interested in him, who wouldn't really? He was tall and handsome after all.

But he was also passionate and hardworking, the kind of person that wouldn't give up easily. The kind of person that motivated her and pushed her to become as great at something she loves.

It was her growing feelings and curiosity towards him, and no one else, that kept her there, trying as hard as he was.

Delusional really. As if she didn't know how all that effort would go to the trash can after a while. She knew it was impossible and that it was nonsense. But still, why were those feeling so eager and difficult to push away?

She couldn't stop thinking about it. About him really.

In the end, he was just another volleyball player. Just like her brother and all of his friends. They are so focused on that stupid game that they forget about everything that matters.

That's why none of them had time for girls. The reason why, despite her brother being so desirable, she had no time for a nice girlfriend.

He didn't care. They don't care. No one cared.

She knew it, and better than everyone else.

But then why was it so hard to accept?

Why wouldn't words leave her mind if they were all lies?

Because she was stubborn? Because she was crazy? Because she was a masochist?

Or just because she felt the same way he did. 

°°° 

2X1 :D

Vote, comment, and share! Thank you for reading!