Chapter 1 - Coffee shop

February 9th, 1983. (2.9.83)

Cast:
Main lead: Eli Harrison
Supporting Lead: William Dennis
Love interest: Misty Karim
Background 1: Carmen / Carol
Background 2: Dillan
Background 3: Ethan
Background 4: Darlie
Background 5: Vicky
Background 6: Andrew
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My name is Elijah, Eli for short. I work in a coffee shop with my dad, his name is William. He doesn't appreciate it when I call him by his real name, so, if you're a stranger. Call him Mr. Dennis or sir. If you're wondering, "Eli, why don't you have his last name?" it's just that my parents wanted to honor my mom's family, so they changed my last name to hers. Harrison. That's besides the point,

It was just any old regular day after closing, I sweeped the floors while my dad fixed up the station. I went to the back to grab a rag just to quickly wipe down the tables one last time, we have a TV in the back for breaks and such. I guess someone forgot to turn it off after their break, I grabbed the remote to turn it off, but something caught my attention...

"Breaking news, it appears Vivian Howard has escaped from the local prison down by Park Road. Vivian Howard is wanted for third-degree murder and other dangerous crimes. Vivian Howard is known to change her identity and pose as something she's not. She may be around these areas on the screen listed. If you have any information, please call the following number on screen now."

Whatever. A criminal escaping? Nothing is gonna happen to me or affect me at all, but I guess a warning is nice. I grabbed a clean rag and went back to the main area, where my dad was.

"Dad, did you just hear what was on the TV?"

"Yes, Eli. I heard. It's something we should take seriously." He said, finishing up with wiping down the coffee makers.

"Dad, it's nothing to worry about. It's unlikely anything is gonna happen to us, right?"

"Elijah." He snapped back at me, putting the rag he was holding down.

"Do you remember what happened with your mother? This happened, and the last time neither her nor I took it seriously, but now she's gone because of some murderer that was on the loose. we definitely should do something and not just ignore it like last time."

He glared at me, and that was the first time I was actually frightened and intimidated by him, I don't think this is really that serious, though. What happened to my mom was just bad luck, although I do miss her a lot.

I nodded my head just to not upset him any more than he was because I wasn't planning to take it seriously, I went back to wiping down tables, and he moved on to cleaning something else.