Chapter 5

"Ma....it was a genuine mistake"

"This time, but what about the previous times..... Is it so wrong of me to wish to see you married. I also want to become Dadi, Ridhaan" Priya lamented

"Ohhhh... so that is the issue. You want to see me married so that you can become Dadi, right? For that why should I get married. You already have Champ" Ridhaan said victoriously on finding solution for his mother's problem.

But he failed to notice how his one statement was received by the remaining occupants in the room.

Stunned will be a small word to describe Anu's condition while Priya was in no less state.

Unknown to the storm he created, Ridhaan waited for his mother's response who with a blatant shake of her head left for her room.

He turned to Anu and was further surprised to see her glaring at him.

"Ridhaan, for heaven's sake be a little serious. Now go and pacify , Ma"  Anu reprimanded him while concealing the tide of emotions in her

He knew he was done for this time. Anu only called him Ridhaan when she is angry at him but he was clueless to what led to this exaggerated reaction.

Yes, exaggerated it was for an innocent statement when Ridhaan doesn't know the whirlpool of emotions both Anu and Priya are stuck in.

"What..! What wrong did I say now?" Ridhaan asked completely baffled by both Anu and his mother's reaction.

Priya's Room

Priya stood staring into the void recollecting Ridhaan's words that was invoking guilt in her.

Suddenly, she was engulfed in a hug by the very person of her thoughts.

"Sorry, Ma. I didn't mean to hurt you"

Priya could see the regret in his eyes but there also another emotion which she was unable to identify.  So she asked the question that she should have asked in the very first place.

"Why are you running away from marriage, Ridhaan?"

He was startled by Priya's question and the look on his face was all the answer Priya needed.

" What is it Ridhaan? Won't you tell your ,Ma?"

There was a poignant pause but when he spoke,Priya gasped at the pain in his voice.

"Why do I need to get married, Ma? I am happy just the way I am"

She cupped his cheeks as she felt the waves of hurt rolling from him.

" I can't go through it again.... I dont have the strength anymore...." Ridhaan said in defeat.

Priya didn't know how to console her child. It was heart wrenching for her to see her baby so hurt but evenmore so when she don't even know the reason.

" Bachaaa...."

"Ma, for me marriage has always been a curse. Either it being your's or Anu's....so how would I know this time it would be any different.....You both are all I ever will need . If you are my peace then Anu is my strength. I don't want to loose either of you...and now I have Champ too to sparkle my life....I am happy...Ma....very very happy"

Priya was stunned to hear his confession. She was aware how the breakdown of her marriage had affected Ridhaan but she was only now having a first hand experience of how much.

That period was a dark phase in her life. She was so lost in her hurt that Ridhaan took a back seat. It was the one and only regret in her life.

Priya was so unaware of his pain until one of his teachers took upon herself to help him. That is how Anu came into her Ridhaan's life and became his healer. For that one reason, she would always be indebted to Anu.