Prologue

It should have been the happiest day of my life but why am I feeling a pinch in my heart?

Why it feels like I am going to loose something precious forever?

Why it feels like the life is never going to be the same again?

Lost in these thoughts, Ridhaan didn't hear the repeated calls of his mother.

"RIDHAAN....."

The shout from his mother brought him back from his musings.

"Ma...."

" What is this,Ridhaan? You are not yet ready....Today is not only your cousin's wedding but your best friend's too. You have to be the one in front and here you are sitting daydreaming...sorry nightdreaming "

Ridhaan's mother was rebuking him while taking out everything for her beloved son.

Giving her a warm smile, he hugged her from behind stopping her tirade.

" Uff...ho...Ma....Aman is the hero of the story today and I am just a side character. Who will miss me?"

"Dare you to say that" his mother admonished

" My son is always the hero"

He smiled but it didn't quite reach his eyes as it usually does.

"What happened,Beta? Are you not happy?"

She voiced out the fear that has been gnawing her from the time she came to know Anu's marriage has been fixed with Aman.

She was aware of Ridhaan's closeness with his Anu. Once she thought maybe they was something more to their friendship but when both of them denied, she didn't give it much thought thereafter. But now, seeing her son agitated and without his usual spark has made her question her initial feeling.

"I am happy but somewhere there is a fear too"

" Fear?"

" Yes, Ma... Everyone is saying marriage changes a girl's life drastically. Her every relationship changes....Will it change our friendship too? "

"Ridhaan..."

"I can't lose her ,Ma....She is my guiding star. I will be lost without her"

She understood her son's concern. Not everyone is able to understand a friendship between a girl and a boy especially one as special and pure as Anu and Ridhaan's.  Like her , there were many who mistook their friendship for more and it is natural to question oneself when relationships are changing.

From today, she will not just be his best friend but his Bhabhi too...

" Are you sure that is tha only  reason ? You can tell me anything,Ridhaan. Even if now, I can stop this marriage for you...I can ask...."

"Ma...." Ridhaan interrupted

" What are you saying? I don't want anything like that. I have told you multiple times, we are just friends....no....best friends....I just don't want anything to change just because she got married. I want the same right on her as before" he explained

"If that is your concern, then talk to the person concerned. Talk to Aman. He will understand "

Ridhaan's face brightened up hearing his mother's suggestion.

"Thank you ,Ma. That is the bestest solution...."

After cheekily pinching her cheeks, Ridhaan rushed out.

"Arey...Ridhaan. At least get ready and go...."

But he was long gone.

His mother smiled and let out an exasperated sigh at her son's antics . But soon the smile dimmed as a worry started taking root in her heart.

"Ridhaan, I hope you never regret your decision as I did" she spoke out her distress into the silent night.

"You both have been adamant everytime when someone questioned but I fear is this because you truly have no feelings other than friendship or because you both are not aware of it...."