Let's Go On A Quest

Start from the beginning

"I'm so sorry," Ayden grimaced.

"Yeah, I know," He walked past her moving toward the Pegasus's field and stables. She walked back to her cabin to relax for a bit before training, but Clarisse was standing in the doorway. Her arms were crossed and she looked pissed.

"What happened?" Ayden asked. She hadn't been in the cabin all day. She was with Cameron in the woods earlier.

"Like you don't already know," Clarisse shook her head. "You entitled piece of shit. You don't even want to be a child of Ares." Ayden held up her hands.

"I'm so confused."

"Ayden," Ki called. The boy came over trying to save Ayden from her sister. "Come with me."

"Oh, so you are going to be the one to tell her?" Clarisse called as they walked away. She stepped forward like she was going to follow, but stopped. She threw her hands in the air and walked back into the cabin.

"What the actual hell is happening?" Ayden's eyes were wide. "I can't even get into my own cabin?"

"Okay, well Percy decided who he is taking on the quest today," Ki stopped walking as he put his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay, and?"

"Well of course there was," Ayden turned seeing Percy walk toward the two of them. Ki turned seeing him approach. "I'll let you tell her." He walked past Percy. "Ayden see me later!" Ayden threw her hands in the air.

"So you've got a quest." She looked at Percy waiting for an explanation.

"Yeah, I picked You and Annabeth. I was told there are always usually just three on a quest, but I thought that maybe there could be a fourth since they would be going on the quest, but there are no rules against aiding on a quest. So I also asked Grover." He explained. Ayden froze.

"Wait what?"

"You can say no, I just thought, well, I don't know, but would you like to go on the quest with  Annabeth, Grover, and me?"

"Oh, um I mean I'm a daughter of Ares, I don't think—."

"Ayden," Percy interrupted her meltdown placing his hands on her shoulders. "If you don't want to come, I'm not going to make you, but I was just thinking about what you told me yesterday."

"What did I say?" She asked. Percy laughed lightly.

"That I need to be careful of who I trust from now on," Percy tilted his head. Ayden nodded slowly.

"I did say that, those were smart words," She smirked. "But are you sure you want me to come with you? Annabeth was a brilliant choice. Grover I only just met, but he cares for you, so he's a good choice. And usually, it's only supposed to be three on a quest."

"Yeah, I'm confident with who I picked. Are you in?" He asked. His hands moved off her shoulders. She took a deep breath and pursed her lips. She wasn't really thinking about it. She would love to go on a quest with him and Annabeth.

If it could get her any closer to her father, she would do it. She wanted to meet him face to face. She didn't know if she wanted to fight her father, kill her father, or scream at him. Probably an escalated mixture of each.

"I've got your back, Jackson," Ayden nodded. Percy let out the breath he was holding.

"Good, good, okay, we'll get a bag packed. We leave after mealtime."

"I don't think Clarisse is going to let me into the cabin," Ayden chuckled.

"Can't you just teleport in and out? You can keep your stuff in my cabin. You know I have the space," Percy reasoned. Ayden stared at him and nodded.