49 | all the time

Start from the beginning

"This is different. It's not even about my birthday, I wanna spend time with her. And if you're implying that you and I are like her and her friends, you can shut up." Karma shrugged, turning a street corner. "Also, why the hell are you following me home? Don't you have a house?"

"What's wrong with me tagging along with you? It is the night before your birthday, and I supposed you could use some company." Asano gave him a sarcastic smile, clasping his hands together.

"I'd rather die than spend time with you," Karma smirked. 

But it was difficult to keep his cool facade on, and it didn't go unnoticed by his counterpart. 

Asano sighed in frustration, tired of Karma's shitty mood. He rang the bell to his house. 

Mrs. Akabane opened the door with a smile. "Hello, you two! Come in! We'll have dinner together in a few hours."

"Actually, miss, I need to go. Your son just wanted me to walk home with him." The strawberry blonde cracked a smile, nudging a depressed redhead into his house. "I'll try to come by later tonight."

"Don't." Karma clicked his tongue as he unbuttoned his trenchcoat. 

"Now I'll for sure come just to spite you." Asano pursed his lips into a thin line. The redhead proceeded to kick him off the property. 

"You're trying too hard to be in the right. She's already admitted to messing up. Talk to her before she stops trying to reach you."

Asano's words finally made their way to Karma's heart. 

"I hate it when you're right." He grumbled a blush of embarrassment on his face.

"Must hate me a lot."

"Not at all, highness."

The sky flushed with deep indigo and black with royal blue hues

The sky flushed with deep indigo and black with royal blue hues. Specks of white snowfall gathered in sheets of cold elements across the city of Tokyo. 

Inside a suburban home, Karma and his family were about to eat his birthday dinner. As the teenage boy was setting the table, a knock at his door interrupted him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Karma stared at Asano on his porch with widened eyes. 

"I came to spend your pitiful birthday with you. Is that a problem?" He held up a neatly wrapped gift.

"Yes—now leave." Karma was just about to slam the door in Asano's face, but his mother appeared behind him, swinging the front door wide open.

"Shu, darling! My goodness, it's freezing outside, come in!" She held Asano's face with her hands, brushing off the snow atop his head, and ushered the boys inside. "Did that horrible father of yours kick you out the night before Christmas? You can stay the night if you want!"

"I appreciate that ma'am." Asano gave Karma's mother a charming smile, which only boosted his likability meter. 

"This is the worst birthday ever."