38 | confrontation time

───── ❝ coming so close  ❞ ─────

『 emei chiba 』

So crowded...

Emei thought she'd let go of Karma's hand once they made it out of the train station, but when she noticed how densely packed the festival was, she ended up sticking close to her redheaded companion.

The festival was wonderful.

A warm wind circled all around the festival street as colorful lanterns and fairy lights twinkled in the sunlight. 

Smells of festival fried foods waft into the air. Kites of all shapes and colors traveled across the cloudless sky as the chants of joyful children played. 

All of these good vibes didn't fail to brighten Emei's poor mood as she took another sip of her honey lemon tea. She held the bamboo cup in one hand, and Karma's in the other. 

Her normally bored and tired expression seemed to change when she spotted a game stall with large stuffed animals hanging above as prizes. 

"Karma-kun." She stopped, squeezing his hand with a small blush. 

The raven-haired girl pointed a finger toward the game stall and suggested they go play after she finished her drink.

"Shurrs. We ghou der affer," Karma said through a full mouth of yakitori. 

"Woaaa~" The excitement on Emei's face was undoubtedly subtle, but it was enough to give Karma the hint that she wanted to win the giant bunny from the shooting range game

She hopped on either foot, excited to play.

Karma lazily dragged himself and dug in his pocket for his wallet. 

"Here. If you can win the bunny in one try I'll carry you home~" He smirked, gripping onto the money when Emei tried to take it. 

Unamused, the listless girl yanked the cash and handed it to the stall owner, determined to beat the (usually rigged) game.