32 | game time

───── ❝ cat and mouse ❞ ─────

[emei chiba]

'Our assassination vacation was almost over. Almost, but not quite.'

The ever so mischievous End-class decided to make the most out of their little time on Okinawa. After some brain-storming, the students agreed to let their teacher pick what activity they do before curfew. 

His choice didn't receive many favorable reactions. 

"A test of courage. Really?" A certain green-haired girl groaned. "Is this really how we're gonna spend the rest of our stay here, Koro-sensei?"

"Why not!? What better activity for a wonderful midsummer's evening? Aye, children?" The yellow creature beamed as he stretched his tentacles over his head.

Koro-sensei was wearing an odd attire consisting of a headband and a gray yukata, put together, this costume is frequently seen in horror genres; and that gave Karma an idea of what his teacher had in mind.

"Nice try, teach, you just wanna have fun at our expense. Isn't that inconsiderate of possibly our last vacation ever?" The redhead quirked a brow at his teacher.

"Unlike some, who I won't name, I was trapped in my own shell to have any fun at all! Have some sympathy, Karma, because this is my last vacation too!"

"I dunno, Koro-sensei, it sounds like you're tryna play match-maker by pairing us up in boy-girl pairs~" Mayehara folded his arms with a confident smile. 

"WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT!? I-I WOULD NEVER!"

"Besides, most of us voted for hide and seek before we decided you would choose

"Besides, most of us voted for hide and seek before we decided you would choose."

Numerous students nodded their heads to the blonde boy's comment. "Yeah! My vote still lies for hide and seek."

"Same, I refuse to enter a dingy old cave."

"Yeah, I don't like being scared."

And so, class 3e managed to deflate koro-sensei's fantasy of playing Cupid. That left the slimy teacher to grumble as they went over the rules. 

Hide and Seek:
▀▄▀▄CAT AND MOUSE▀▄▀▄
(E-class version)

[6:23 pm]

"Gather up, everybody, here are the rules." Isogai climbed on top of a chair to announce the official rules of their game.

"This isn't any old hide and seek game, we're playing cat and mouse. Before anything, let me tell you the boundaries of this game: you can only hide outside or on the floors of our hotel lobbies so the seeker doesn't have too much ground to search. You also can't lock doors. 

The roles of this game are cat and mouse. The cat's objective is to find and tag every mouse before 11:11 pm otherwise they lose. Once a mouse is tagged, the cat can choose to either kill the mouse, where they will go sit at home base here or turn the mouse into a cat, where they will help the original cat search. 

The cat can only turn four mice into cats."

The brunette boy hopped off and gestured to a table ten meters away from their "Home Base"

"The hiders' objective is to find 30 pieces of cheese and place them on that table where professor bitch is. I've asked Koro-sensei to hide about 100 of these yellow cubes all over the hiding grounds. 

If a mouse is tagged by the cat, they must drop all their cheese cubes and follow the cat's order. These cubes can be picked up again by other hiders that aren't out. Oh, another thing. 

Mice will have a walkie-talkie attached to them at all times for communication. When a mouse is tagged, they must inform everyone that they've been tagged. 

However, you cannot turn the volume of the walkie-talkie down, so if it happens to go off when a cat is near you, you might wanna run, haha.

One last thing, there are two guns on hiding grounds the mice are allowed to use. Each one is painted bright green for easy finding and each shoots 10 anti-sensei BBs. If a cat is hit by one of these pellets, he or she must freeze and close eyes for 10 seconds."

Isogai clasped his hands together with an excited expression. "That's the game everyone. Any questions?"

A hand rose from the back of the crowd.

"What do the hiders get if they win?" Nakamura asked. 

"Um...I haven't thought of that yet," Isogai chuckled. "How about, if the hiders win, those who didn't get out get no home for a week of whatever subject they choose. And if the cat wins, they get the same thing. is that okay Koro-sensei?"

"Hmm. Yes. I'll make it work," the octopus nodded. "This is exciting. Let's see how much of you've all improved as assassins when going against each other~"