*☾Island☽*

Shayuri swam to see what it was like in the ocean outside the cave. He had been gone for about half an hour, you were starting to get a little worried about him. But Shayuri was already coming back. He swam under the flow, leading to the capsule where he left
Y/N. They were already waiting for him with their hands in their lap. In order not to startle or splash Y/N ​​again, Shayuri swam to the surface carefully. „Hello there, Y/N." He said with smile. He was so glad to see them again. „You're back! I was starting to worry about you..." Shayuri was so grateful to have someone who was worried about him and cared about him. He doesn't want to lose you at any cost. „I... found a calm stream that leads directly to the island I told you about." „That's awesome!" „...mm, yeah." There was a moment of silence. „Um hey, Y/N, how long can you hold your breath for?" Shayuri asked. „Well, not for very long. About 20 seconds at most." „That will do. We're pretty deep underwater, but I swim fast. I will swim you up in no time." he assured you. You trusted him. He took you here, he'll get you out, just this time you'll be conscious.

Shayuri took your hand and slowly led you into the water. It was cold so he let your body get used to it. When the water was at the level of your neck, he looked into your eyes. „Are you ready, Y/N?" Fear gripped you out of nowhere. You remembered the boat incident. Shayuri noticed your fear, he wasn't surprised. He moved closer to your face and gently grabbed your arms. „I promise I am not going to let go of you the whole time we're gonna swim. You're safe with me." Your breathing calmed down and you slowly nodded your head. You wrapped your arms around his neck and on cue you took a deep breath and held it. Shayuri dove in with you and the water started flowing quickly through your hair. he didn't lie, he's fast. He swam through the water tunnel that separated the capsule from the ocean. He didn't let go of you for a moment, he held you tight but at the same time gently. You didn't dare open your eyes, knowing Shayuri was with you was enough. Even so many meters underwater with him felt safer than with strangers on land. There was no need to count seconds, you emerged very soon. You took another deep breath and looked into Shayuris eyes. „I told you, you can count on me." He smiled widely on you. You laughed, his confident side was funny. „And now, I'll carry you. It's clear you wouldn't keep up with me. Tell me, would you like me to hold your hand, or do you want me to carry you on my back? Or how would it be comfortable for you?" „as much as I'd like to climb on your back, your dorsal fin won't let me." „OH! Right.. My bad." You both wondered how you were going to do this. You missed this detail.

„Hey, Shayuri.." „Yeah?" „Are you able to swim on your back?" „Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" and so you hugged him and lay on his stomach watching his flustered face with a smirk. „Okay, let's go~" Wordlessly, he tilted his head back so he wouldn't have to look at you and started swimming on his back.
You lay on top of him like on an air mattress, feeling his tail move from side to side beneath you. The quiet moment was getting awkward. You both thought about starting a conversation. You decided to start first. „So... how's the island? How does it look like?" Shayuri replied but still had his head tilted back so he wouldn't have to look you in the eye. „It's nice place. As far as I know, only small animals are occupying it. You're going to be safe there." „Sounds excellent!" You were imagining the island, how it would look like and how you would spend your time there. Then you looked down, seeing Shayuri upset. „Is something the matter?" you asked, caughting Shayuri off guard. „It's nothing, really." The lamest excuse you could hear from him. „Shayuri." Calling out his name got his attention and he finally looked at you. „You seem off." „mm..." Y/N tilted their head, trying to make out his expression. „This.. might be the last time I see you, you know." Shayuri spoke. „What do you mean last time?" „You're going to live on the island now. You won't need me anymore." Shayuri's eyes were empty, yet full of suffering. „We're not saying goodbye Shayuri, our paths won't just part if this is what you're after." „But I can't go on land and you can't go into water. The elements don't mix, it's dangerous." „And yet here we are. Together." Shayuri stared in silence.
Y/N was right.