He simply couldn't practice martial arts again without taking too much caution.

— Fuck! — The boy cried, moving away from her when he saw her walking towards him, crawling away from her as she took a step closer to him. — Ri... Hyeori... Hyeori wait! — The boy begged, raising a hand so that she could even hear him. — Ahn Sooho... I... I didn't do the damage... Bumseok hit him on the head so many times that... Hyeori, I have nothing to do with this anymore...

— Apologize... — The girl said, making him look at her confused.

—I have nothing to do with this! I just did what they asked me!

— Then do as I ask you and apologize... — The boy cried before nodding and putting a hand in front of him for the girl to wait.

— I'm sorry... I'm sorry, fuck, I... I'm sorry, Hyeori. — The girl looked at him, laughing at his words, it didn't seem like an apology, it seemed like a plea, his crying and panting voice while he trembled made the girl upset. — Hyeori...

— It didn't sound convincing to me. — With one more movement, the girl this time hit the weight on the boy's ankle, making sure that this time, he could never set foot in a gym again in his life.

...

Sieun looked worriedly at Hyeori seeing her brown hair with blood in it, he knew that her stitches had not yet completely closed and were now more open than ever. Her clothes were stained with blood as was her forehead, she walked with some difficulty and he could see how she touched her back from time to time and he could swear that it hurt.

But her eyes showed no physical pain at all, they were serious and distant, dark. An image of Hyeori that he never expected to see, not when every time he laid eyes on her she was laughing with Sooho or stroking his hair, when he turned to look at her sometimes she was making some notes and ignoring all the surroundings.

Her eyes had always shown confidence, determination and security, even anger, they shone every time she laughed at something stupid that her boyfriend said or did or when she heard him respond to Sooho, but this time, they showed pain and annoyance, seriousness, and that shine that Sieun liked to see was not there, the Hyeori that he liked to see was not there.

And he highly doubted he would ever be able to see her again.

— You don't have to do this. — Hyeori said, noticing Sieun grab the fire extinguisher from the wall, although she was grateful that he helped her, she didn't want to get him into trouble, not when the boy seemed to have a successful life ahead of him.

They had both arrived at school after Sieun had a little fight with Yeongbin. — I do this for Sooho, but I also do it for me... Sooho said something about lines, but I don't think they ever drew a line with me... Sooho was also my friend Hyeori, and I know what he did was for Bumseok to apologize to me too.

The girl nodded, she wasn't going to stop him from doing that, she knew how much the boy had suffered at the hands of those two idiots they were after, she had also seen how the boy had opened up to a friendship with Sooho, and she appreciated that, she also knew that he was suffering at that moment, and she wasn't going to take away his opportunity to get rid of that internal burden he had, so she was going to let him get even, just like they did with Sooho.

The duo entered the classroom, Hyeori was looking for Jeongchan with her eyes, noticing him at the front of the class, however, she would take care of him later, Sieun had asked her to help him, so she would do it.

Everyone's gaze fell on them, the teacher's voice called them, however, both of them were so deep in their thoughts that they simply blocked out everything the woman was telling them. Hyeori took a step forward, walking towards Sooho's locker before stopping when she saw one of the bats from the baseball team that had arrived a few days ago to fight with her boyfriend.