Chapter 14

— Hyeori, tell me the truth... — her father spoke while looking at the girl on the stretcher. Her parents had returned from their trip when the police contacted them because of what had happened, although Hyeori asked them not to, the girl was still a minor, so she couldn't do much.

The girl had some cuts on her face that had been covered by white bandages and her head was bandaged due to the large opening that, although she didn't need stitches, she had to be careful with it, and she was grateful that she would only have to wear it that night.

— It's the truth, dad, I fell from the second floor, the floor was old, I was jumping and, well, it broke, I fell...

—Then explain to me what the hell you were doing in that place... Surely it was that thug who took you, right? I told you last time, I'm going to put that idiot in a correctional facility if you don't get away from him. — The mention of Sooho made Hyeori tense, looking at her mother, who really liked Sooho more than the man, and she knew very well that the boy would never induce the younger to do something stupid like that.

But as always, she wasn't going to open her mouth.

— It's not enough for you to make us return from an important business trip, you also dare to disobey us. Do you know what this stupidity of yours is going to cost us? —The girl didn't answer, she knew that she wouldn't even gain anything by doing it, she preferred to avoid the inconvenience—Where is that stupid guy anyway? He sent you to the hospital and he doesn't even have the courage to be h--

— Sooho has nothing to do with this, stop mentioning him. I told you before, I'll say it again now, the floor broke, I fell and my head hit the broken cement, that's all. — Hyeori clarified, with a strong and confident voice, looking the man in the eyes, who made eye contact with her for a moment before nodding.

—Well, defend that stupid good-for-nothing... But I want you to listen to me carefully because I'm not going to repeat this to you again... When you get discharged, you're going to finish the school year and we're going to Canada Immediately, you will never see that criminal again in your life, do you understand?

Hyeori looked up upon hearing her father's plans, noticing the man with his arms crossed over his chest, looking down at her superiorly. — No.

—It wasn't a question.

— My no, wasn't a suggestion, I'm telling you. I will not do it. Forget that.

—Brat, talk to me with respect. I am your father and as long as you are not of age you are not the one to choose... I am fighting to raise you and have a life worthy of a Kang and this is how you repay me...

— Raise me? — Hyeori said with a sarcastic laugh, looking at her parents in front of her. — Since I can remember, the only thing you consider as parenting is yelling at me that I have to do things better and decide who I should hang out with, you locked me in the room so I can study because according to you... I'm a mediocre person who doesn't have more obligation than studying... You would go away for months and when you returned it was only to avoid having to spend time at home because of your "busy schedule". You were never at my awards ceremonies, events, meetings. Now you want to raise me? — The girl laughed sarcastically before looking at her mother, who simply looked away from her. —Living a life worthy of a Kang, having a rich husband who cheats on me with his secretary like he does with you, is that a life worthy of a Kang, mom?

The woman looked at her daughter, her eyes, which they shared, looked with annoyance at the youngest, she smiled, knowing that she had hit the nail on the head. The man looked at the younger, who, despite speaking with a trembling tone, her eyes were serious, without a hint of light or sadness, it was a topic that, no matter how much it affected her, she was not going to let her father notice it.