PART THIRTY-FIVE | Sestra

Start from the beginning

I wailed as I came to the entrance to the 8th floor. Stumbling inside, it was a reception area. With no one.

It was unlocked. Someone had to be here.

"Help! Please!" I screamed, crawling and stumbling up to my feet, going for a door way to the right. "Please!"

Behind me, Sam yanked the door open, panting in anger. "Stupid bitch. Running away and fucking-"

The door I was aiming for opened quickly.

Nik...

He scanned the area with worry, gaze on me on the ground and Sam staring at me. He didn't react. He didn't do anything.

No...

I never should have come here.

I never should have trusted Nik.

"Get the fuck out of my workplace, Sam." Nik then snapped at Sam. Glaring a hole through him. "And get the fuck away from my sister before I blow a hole through your head." And he pulled a gun out of somewhere, aiming it at Sam.

But Sam pulled one out to. Not aiming it at my brother, but at me.

I crawled back and whimpered. "No... please."

"Oh shut up." Sam groaned, looking at Nik.

Niks jaw tensed. "You won't shoot her. My father doesn't care about her, but he cares about the deal."

Sam shrugged. "I'll cancel the deal."

Nik tilted his head. "You wouldn't dare do anything to anger my father."

I looked at Sam, and that must have been true because he lowered his gun. He eyed me up and down, shaking and crying. "Better not let her out of your sight, Nik." He smirked a bit and he turned around, leaving the room.

I watched with tears all over my face as he left.

"Kat?" Nik came over, and tried to help me up.

"No." I pushed his hands away, the hands that still had a gun. I tried to stand up myself, and nearly fell at my shaky knees. Nik offered again, this time the gun away, and I took it. Standing up. "Why do you have a gun..." I whispered it shaky.

"Because of you. Him. My father." Nik explained. "You should have one. Shoot that motherfucker if he ever comes near you again."

Oh my god... I didn't even-

I touched my forehead.

"Where's Rhea?" Nik asked.

I shook my head. "On a flight home right now." I said.

"Is she far?" He asked, and he looked so worried. So... caring. It was so jarring.

I shrugged. "Doesn't get in until 4:30am."

Nik bit his bottom. "Let me drive you home." He said. "Stay with you until she gets back."

I shook my head. "I don't think that's-"

"I don't deserve your trust, Kat." Nik said softly. "I said, I don't deserve shit. But I can't let you go back out there unprotected. At home alone, with him still lurking out there." Nik said.

I had no idea how Rhea would feel if I invited Nik to the house. If he stayed there.

"I don't know, Nik. I don't-" my voice broke because I was so scared.

Then Nik pulled me into his chest, in a large hug.

Oh god.

I just melted into his touch. My brothers touch. A hug, that I haven't had in years. I cried into his chest, giving him every single piece of my vulnerability. I didn't care anymore.