Chapter 58

"What do you mean Harry?,"Aurora asked, as she sat before a bewildered and ecstatic Harry Potter.

Harry took a long, deep breath before rattling out his story.

"So, I had left the Slug Club Party, after Malfoy got caught lurking. And-and I was standing in the hallway listening and .......Snape's voice appeared, offering-offering him help of some sort. Malfoy went on and on about how it was "his" moment. What's his moment? What's he planning? Aurora this means something I'm telling you, I can feel it. Has Nott said anything? Any clues?,"he said, breathless at the end.

George scoffed from somewhere behind. A small gesture, noticeable all the same. Aurora glanced over her shoulder at him.

"Well, I think Mr.Weasley was right about what Draco was up to in Borgin and Burkes, the vanishing cabinet. I uh-caught Nott reading about it a few times. That's what he's tending to in the Room Of Requirement, him and Malfoy,"she said, trying to bewitch the birthplace of her information.

Harry sighed.

"At least we know what they're up to now,"he said.

A best of silence passed.

"Was that all Nott had to say?,"George asked.

Aurora stilled slightly.

"Yeah more or less. Why?,"she said, turning to face him with her brows knitted together questioningly.

George simply scoffed.

"Oh, no reason. Just wondering,"he said sharply before turning around and exiting the room.

Fred shot Aurora a confused look, which she responded to with a simple shrug of her shoulders and an eye roll. She turned back to Harry.

"Harry this is good. We can take this to Dumbledore. He'll know what to do,"she said calmly while placing her hand on his.

Harry blinked slowly, and his breath began to even out slightly.

"I hope so."

••••••••••

"I shall take this information into consideration Harry, thank you. Aurora, a word if you wouldn't mind?,"Dumbledore said as he sat at his desk.

Harry gave Aurora a quick nod before turning and exiting. Aurora watched as Dumbledore fiddled with an injured book, she knew to be Tom Riddle's Diary, and a ring that she had never seen before.

Silence descended upon the pair until Dumbledore realised Aurora was watching him so intensely.

"Sir,"she began.

He looked up.

"Yes?,"he answered.

Aurora furrowed her brow.

"You said you wanted a word. Is that still your intention or shall I leav—."

Dumbledore waved her off quickly, cutting her off.

"No, have a seat Jenkins."

And she did. She stared at him for a moment or two as he stared back at her. She noticed how old he had become in recent weeks, how the stress of it all had taken such a physical toll within him. He looked at her intently too, how such responsibility normally made such young shoulders crumble, he thought.

"Aurora, you are charged with the responsibility to protect Harry,"he began.

Aurora didn't let her gaze falter. She knew he was aware of her situation with Theo, but only just that. He didn't know she knows as much as she does, all that Theo had told her, information she did not share with the Order. Best to deal out any useful information as she saw fit, she thought.