Chapter 33

Aurora huffed as the sunlight creeped through her curtains. Despite the overwhelming urge to lay in her bed all day, she dragged herself out of it and got ready for the day.

With her uniform on and hair pull messily into a hair clip, she made her way downstairs to the common room, where the twins were sat, looking equally unenthusiastic about the day of classes ahead.

"Morning,"George said from his spot on the couch beside Fred.

"Morning, morning,"she said tussling both of their hairs before sitting down.

"Breakfast?,"Fred asked.

Aurora and George nodded simultaneously, giving Fred his answer.

"Right then, come on,"he said, slapping his knees before he got up.

"I hate you in the mornings, did you know?,"Aurora said with a grin.

Fred rolled his eyes and pulled her up from the couch effortlessly.

"Piss off, food is fuel,"Fred answered.

Aurora and George both giggled at his quotation of Molly.

The three were sat at the table eating breakfast when Aurora noticed how George's attention persistently became caught by something in the direction of the Hufflepuff table.

"So, Susan?,"she asked, snapping George back into their conversation.

"Oh, eh-yeah. Eh-what?,"he asked scratching the back of his neck as his cheeks turned pink.

Aurora laughed.

"Aw, Georgie has a little crush Fred,"she taunted.

Fred joined in on the torture.

"Have you told Mummy dearest about your latest little fling Georgie?,"he asked.

George glared at them both so forcefully, if looks could kill, the pair would be dead.

"Shut up. I don't have a crush. But Susan, she's a nice girl,"he started.

Aurora hummed in agreement.

"I agree, so, what's going on?,"she pushed.

Fred leaned his elbow on the table and nestled his head into the palm of his hand.

"Oh do tell, spare no details,"he teased.

George put his spoon down and folded his arms.

"I don't-I don't know. I mean, there was action the night Malfoy did...well, you know what, and the night of the party so,"George said, carefully.

Being bestfriends allowed George to know when Aurora was affected by something. And the way her eyes flickered when he brought up Malfoy, told him just that.

"Sorry Rory, I-,"he started.

Aurora shook her head.

"Don't be silly, it's fine,"she reassured as she picked up her glass of orange juice.

"At least you have Nott,"Fred said casually.

As the words left his mouth, Aurora choked on the liquid attempting to go down her throat.

"What-how do you mean?,"she asked, coughing in between words.

George's brows furrowed, much like Fred's.

"Like, to tell you if that ferret has anything like that planned again,"Fred said.

Aurora felt her shoulders slack.