5

Your lips gently brush the oxygen in the unknown room, and your eyes lay shut at the pounding of your head. Something rough and prickly rubs against your wrist, as well as your ankles. You try to itch your face, only to find your unable to move. 

Opening your eyes with confusion, the room looks nothing like any room in your apartment, or any room you've been in before. The lamp in the corner gives off an ominous light, and she who stands across from your sitting form, which seems to be on a small couch. 

Being the first time of meeting her eyes in years, they look away, making your bruised heart ache.

"You never truly love someone as much as you love your first love." Mom sighed, washing the dishes. You sat on the kitchen counter beside her, picking up the clean cups to set in the cupboard. 

"Didn't you meet Dad when you were a senior in college?" You ask. 

"Yes, and though he isn't my first, I love him." She softly speaks. "But the way I love that boy from high school, will always be a different kind of love I feel, just for him." Your mother never really spoke of her younger years, when there was so much more to focus on in the present.

You sway your legs, quiet.

"I think I'm in love." You whisper, making your mother smile and turn to face you.

"oh, really?" She tilts her head, warm eyes giving you her attention.

You look down, feeling heat rise to your cheeks at the thought of her. "One of my friends, Kate," You whisper low. Your mother leans in to hear your quiet truths. Your mother knew about your liking for both genders, but you were worried about your Dad. You just didn't want him to see you differently.

"She picked me roses from Mrs. Ruthies bushes, and handed them to me. I held them, and, she kissed me." You look up to meet your mothers eyes. "And I liked it." 

You ignore the pain of your heart and ache of your body, and keep your eyes on her body. Her hair is cut as a shaggy wolf cut, different than her dark flowing mane from when the last time you saw her. Her dark eyes are dead. A scar runs from her left ear and cuts into her left eyebrow, making her left eye squint slightly smaller than the right. The brown hoodie she wears matches the muddy jeans that hang as her pants, her boots are untied. 

lips still kissable, her frame skinnier than you remembered.

Her presence is a distraction from your last memories of getting knocked out and shoved into the trunk of your car, the pounding head ache and anxiety of not making it home to Monica and your job.

She steps forward, her hands in tight fists at her sides. "You." Her voice is quiet, hoarse. Your lower lip quivers at hearing her voice for the first time since the night she left. 

"Monica Collin is your partner, correct?" Her voice is formal, and the mention of Monica makes the lovely haze in your mind clear up, just a bit.

"What?" Your voice is quiet, having a sore throat.

"Yes? She has information-" "Kate what are you talking about?" Your eyes are heavy on hers, and they stay light in return. She lets out a heavy breath, as if she's annoyed. 

"Kate, where the hell have you been? You just left me and," You can't help the tears that trail out of your eyes and run free to roam on your face. "I have missed you, for, so long." Shakey breaths, and an urge to run up to her. A simple punch to the face would feed your need of her touch.

She just stares, and stares, and stares.

You just cry, and cry, and cry.

"Please," Your nails nig into your palms. "Say something, anything, Kate." You don't care how your face may seem ugly. She has seen you cry so many times, that this is just normal. Or does she not remember those times? Does she not remember holding you in her arms and wiping your tears with her lips? Cooking for you while you wait, curled up in her hoodie?

Does she not remember the love you two had?

Had.

"You must've fucked up, big time, to end up in this cabin. I cannot save you." Is all she says, before turning towards the closed, and assumingly locked wooden door. Your eyes pour, and the flowers fail to bloom. The thunder comes, and lighting strikes Kate in the back.

"Are you going to leave me like you did five years ago? Leave me to get killed and dumped by some mad men? Look me in the eye and tell me you want me dead or kill me yourself." Your voice is hard with desperation, making Kate's hand slip off of the medal door nob. Turning, she with holds the urge to choke you until your last breath. And instead, her left hand latches onto the pearl necklace around your neck. 

This action pulls you forward, and pains the back of your neck at the sudden tug. You catch her scent; Jack Daniels and faint perfume. A snap is heard before the pearls fall to the floor, and string is left on your shoulders. you pull away from her, and look up to her displeased face. A scowl filled with anger masks the woman, and is the last you see of her. 

"I can't believe you kept that stupid fucking necklace." Kate growls, walking out, slamming the door shut.

You recollect yourself, taking in breaths stolen from you not only a minute ago. Your face dried with tears, you fall back to try to relax on the couch. It's uncomfortable, and so is the shock flooding into your mind. 

You don't know where you are. Who your with. You might as well already be dead.

And the worst part of it all, is that your first love is going to let it happen.