you heard The Call Of Her.

"When will I see you again?" You whisper to the brunette, your eyes locked onto hers as the air around you grows loose.

Although you know this isn't real, you can't help but to stay longer in the dream. To watch her wild eyes grow tame at your presence. "...At dusk." The woman says, almost as if she's reassuring herself that's the time of day she'll see you again.

Your hand on her cold neck falls back to your winter coat, as her pearl necklace is place around your neck by her soft hands. "In case, I don't see you, keep this as a remembrance of me." You want to cry, to grab her face and kiss her, hug her, until the two of you become one and so she cannot leave.

"Okay." You breathe out.

Your forehead is sweaty and your eyes are wet with tears as your mind begins to wake up and come back to reality, the wet spot on your pillow tells you that you must've wasted a lot of tears on that dream. 

With a yawn, you swing your legs over onto the left side of your bed. You feel dirty, a non existent shadow drags you down, urging you to go back to bed. But of course you don't, because if you did you'd be late for work. 

"Shit!" You yelp, looking over at the clock on your nightstand that reads; 7:48 am

Your shift at the Humane Society is at 8, and if you are late for the second time this week you're sure to receive a scowl and lesson by Alex. When you were younger, being a veterinarian was on your list of jobs like any other child, but this dream came true, but was a little lesser than you expected. 

Animal care attendant, is what you are. Cursing as you slide on your scrubs, your wet hair doesn't help the already uncomfortable emotion you wear on this Wednesday morning. You manage to grab your car keys and your ( purse / hand bag / satchel )  as you hurry out the door of your apartment.

 Time flies by, and your already sitting in traffic, waiting for the light to turn green. Your music plays loud, and your ( fav drink ) sits vibrating in it's cup at the intensity of the radio waves. Your eyes inspect others cars, vans and trucks. 

A about fifty year old man sits in his black truck, puffing on a cigarette looking bored as ever. A woman with who looks to be an annoyed son in the passenger seat rambles irately into her phone.  Switching your attention to the blue, boxy, work van to your left, you can't help but to stare at the passenger in the front longer. 

Short brown hair curls around the woman's face, a white tank tops reveals the brunette's tattooed right arm to your liking. You feel yourself freeze as the woman feels your stare, and turns to her right to look down on you in your ( car / van / truck). Both of your eyes widen, and you unintentionally begin to finger your pearl necklace that hangs around your neck. 

"Kate?" You whisper. 

Her lips curl into a scowl, and she turns to talk to the driver of the van, who you can't see. It feels like a knife to your heart. But why? How can you be sure this is Kate? The woman who fled the authorities after...allegedly killing her father?

A dirty blonde peers over her, and looks at you with piercing light brown eyes. Fear strikes you down, along with a sudden buzz of a head ache in the back of your head. 

Before anything else can happen, a loud car horn goes off behind you and your eyes are quick to see the red light turn green ahead. You immedietly step on the gas pedal, and watch the van, with your Kate inside, turn the opposite direction from where your heading.

'As long as she's in the same city as me.' You think. 'As long as she's in the same county as me, as long as she's in the same state as me, as long as she's in the same country as me, as long as she's on the same continent as me, as long has she's on the same planet as me...' You reassurances grew unreal, and the hope for her became bleak.

In ever brown eye, every pierced lip, you heard The Call Of Her.

But that doesn't matter, that was two years ago and she's long gone.

Right? 

_______________________________

I"M BAAAACCCKKKK

anywyas im writing this cuz yk

kate doesn't get enough love and yk kate deserves love