Chapter1:trusting a manipulator

Aurora's POV:

**2 years ago...**

Today, I saw the most kind and handsome man in our college. My friends were talking about him too-Cole, a transfer student. With light frosted shiny brown hair, ocean grey eyes, and a wide smile on his face, he was the most alluring person I had ever seen. In the canteen, while I was staring at him, our eyes met, and for the first time, I heard my heartbeat in my ears. Butterflies in my stomach were ready to fly. my eyes went down and when I looked up , he winked at me. Fortunately My friends, Bella and Christine, called for me, and we headed to our history class.

**Next day...**

Cole and I were in the same psychology class, and he sat with me. With his head down on his arm, his hair shone in the sunlight. When he looked at me and said, "Can I say one thing about you?"
I stuttered, "Yeah, sure."

"You are beautiful," he said, and my cheeks heated up. He gave me a playful smirk. "What's your name?"
"Aurora."
"Wow, nice name. Can I call you Aura?"
"Yeah." Did he just gave me a nickname?
"Did I say something wrong? Your whole face is red."

Blushing, I replied, "No, I think I might have a fever."
"Okay then, let me check," he said, touching my forehead. "You have a mild fever. I think you should take medicines and drink coffee with me today. Would you like to go?"

Is he asking me out for coffee? OMG, I should tell this to my girls. "Yeah, sure. Let me grab my things first."

🖤🖤🖤

I sat behind him on the bike, and as he started driving, the speed increased. I got scared and clung to him,I heard a chuckle. When we reached the cafe...

**In the cafe...**

As I searched for something sweet on the menu, he said,
"I did it on purpose."
"Did what?"
"Speed up, so you will hold onto me," he said with a playful smirk. I was out of words. "Maybe I should leave. We can have coffee some other time." As I reached for the door, he said, "Wait, Aura, I was kidding."
"I don't think it's funny, Cole."
"Okay, sorry. I won't do it again." We chatted for two hours, and then he dropped me off at my house.

🖤🖤🖤

Then we became good friends, despite a few quarrels about him lying. One day he told me that a girl confessed to him, and when I asked, "What was your answer?" he said, "Obviously, I said no. Because I want my girlfriend to be like you."
"Like me?"
"Yeah, why not? You're kind, beautiful, and intelligent too, 'cause you help me with studies, Aura."

After a pause for 2 minutes, "Cole, I wanted to say something for a very long time. I hope this will not ruin our friendship."
"Oh, what is it?"
"I liked you from the very first day, and I am very sure about this. And I know you don't think the same way, so-" He puts a finger on my lips. "Who said that I don't feel the same way?"
My heart was pumping so hard.i might have a heart attack.
He leans in to kiss me. "Wait."
"What?" he said in a calm voice.
"There is no going back after this, Cole."
"I know, babe."

And we kissed. Our love story begins, and I didn't know that it would end like this.

🖤🖤🖤

**image of cole in media**

If you've read this far, remember to vote and add it to your library.

Thank you💗