Chapter 9: Running off

As me and Wil were packing we heard a knock on the door, i thought it was a servant so i opened to see Daniel standing there. Where is Wil he said, but i only had a oversized shirt on so i said, hand on lemme put on my sweatpant. I closed the door and whilst putting on pants i hid Wil under the bed. He barely fit in there but its better then dying. I went back to the door and said. Ok all dressed why are ya'll here u know i quit the mafia. We know Wil is in here, they said. He's not. Oh yeah? Yeah, i said. Daniel pushed me aside and i fell on the ground. I watched as all the crew members angerly came in. Everyone gave me death stares except for Lucas. He helped me get up and then went back to his poker face and followed the others. They looked in all the closets and stuff and just as they were about to look under the bed i saw what a mess it was under there, there were all kinds of clothes there so u couldnt even see if there was someone under there. Sorry, Daniel said. We'll be on our way. The crew left without a word and when they closed the door Wil was going to go from underneath the bed but i signalled him to stay, i acted like i was making tea and Daniel barged in one last time to check. When they were really gone Wil got from under the bed.

As soon as he did we started packing my bags and head to the airport because apparently he had already booked a flight. We were going to a farmhouse in a far off country. And when we arrived it was absolutely beautifull. When i was sleeping i heard Wil was still up calling with someone, aparently he had security all around the place so we couldnt get hurt. He came up to me and said, still want to marry me princess? I said yes because he was still the man of my dreams. What did ya'll do to Andrew after i left, i said. We killed him and chopped him in pieces so if he returns this time he must be immortal. I was actually grossed out by that answer but i was the one that asked so i shouldnt complain.

That night i slept great, it was actually strange i think i just woke up for water once. And then in the morning Wil was just gone, i was worried he'd left me this time but as i was making some breakfest he returned with pancakes. Dont know where those came from but they were  welcome at all times. We sat down for breakfest but Wil looked like he'd seen a ghost so i asked him if there was something wrong. Wil explained to me that he had seen something flash thru the woods when he was in the car on the way to the local bakery. We lived pretty far from the village and we were surrounded by woods, i was shocked to hear that and it kind off freaked me out. I tried forgetting about it and continued munching on my pancakes, they were to good to just not eat them, you know? (if u dont its fine)

Days just passed like any others, no troubles at all. I also read on sunday, even after this entire mess i was still keeping my childhood promise. I haven't been able to text Lily for ages now, since my phone with her number on it got thrown out of the window. She must be so worried, and mad. Its going to look like i just ghosted her. Its been nearly A year and a half and i still think about the fact i just left Lily without telling her anything at all. I decided to write her a letter saying:

Dear Lily,

Its me Lia, i know its been about 1 year and a half but its complecated so let me explain. I accidentally got into a job interview of mafia and they wouldnt let me go because i was married to Andrew and he had debts to pay off, he had been using me to pay off those debts. Instead of coming to help me Andrew fled the country and left me there to die. The mafia boss and me went after Andrew and well, we got the money back. Right now im in a far off village with my soon to be husband Wil. Im fine but im so sorry i just left you. I couldnt call or text you because i lost my old phone and it was the only one with ur number on it. 

Days passed and i had still not gotten a letter, untill the mailman came to our house and there it was, a  letter from Lily. It said:

Hey Lia,

I have missed u so much, im going to assume u thought i was going to be mad but the police found ur phone. U are dead in our country, the find of ur phone made everyone think u were dead since u went missing aswel, but i knew u were still out there somewhere. U dont need to come back for me, i hope u have a happily ever after with the husband u have now!  Here's my number incase u want to text me:  04 92 43 94 81                       Greetings, ur work wife Lily.

With tears in my eyes i wanted to just travel back and go to her, but i didnt have the gut to. And i was happy with the life i had here. I decided to call her number later. That evening i was up thinking about Lily and that my old life just simply did not exist no more. I was just getting some water (yes again, im always thirsty at night) when i saw a odd figure passing in the woods, i had a great view of the woods from the window in the kitchen. I kept looking but it seemed to be gone, untill it popped up right infront of me. I let out a yell for dear god and Wil immediatly ran up to me. I looked at him once and then back at the window and it was gone. I apologized for waking him up. You must think im crazy but i saw a odd figure in the woods, and when i was searching for it again it popped up by the window. Seeing the worried look on his face made me realize he didnt believe me and he wouldn't until he experienced it himself. After that night i never saw it again.