Chapter 1: Excuse after Excuse

Growing up, Lia had experienced many failed marriages in her life, including the marriage of her own parents. But when Andrew asked her to marry him, she thought life could make an exception to their marriage. What a stupid thing to think. Because no, in fact her marriage was on the verdge of ending up in a divorce. She never wanted all of this to happen. She wanted to prove to the world that marriage isnt only a bad thing and can happy nicely. Well her point will not be proven any time soon. Because just like alot of marriages, hers was either ending up in a divorce or a non stop cheating one. Lia had just finished making dinner and was ready to go upstairs and take a nap, just as she was going up the stairs her husband called her saying: Lia theres laundry on the stairs dont forget to do it!! Lia was so sick of his bullshit and of having to clean up after him. She decided not to make a big drama out of his stupid comment and just ignored him and went upstairs to take a nap. After her nap she decided to read, since Sunday was always the day in the week where she would read. From the day she was able to read she made a pact with her best friend that on sundays they would always read. That best friend she made the pact with is long gone, she lost her over a silly boy. Lia ended up getting married to that boy. Looking back on it, it was definitely not worth using her best friend over. But on the other side her best friend was a little selfish just leaving her over a boy. Andrew was a very simple man, he didnt have one care in the world. Well, take one guess why. Because Lia was carrying all his troubles and debts. And even when Lia had a hard time paying of her own debts. Andrew just couldnt give a shit. Thats what she despises the most of him, that he just doesnt care. Like hello? Did he forget thats his wife and hes actually supposed to take care of her? I have tried everything to fix our relationship, but i have never actually told him what he needs to change. The biggest reason this marriage might be failing is because HE didnt put in any effort at all. Lia decided that she was just going to talk to him about it tomorrow, because right now she just wanted to sink in her book and sleep after that.

The next morning.

When Lia woke up, Andrew wasnt there, so she checked the clock but it was only 6AM. Lia would always be up before him because she needed to start work at 8AM. Andrew just lived in such a luxery and only had to start work at 9AM. And what man needs 2 hours to get ready, especially Andrew. When i got downstairs to make myself some breakfest i saw Andrew in the kitchen on the phone with someone, baking a egg. Just when i was going to pull the cereal out he hung up the phone and said, goodmorning dear, i made u some eggs. I was stunned about how he changed over one night. And i didnt believe it one bit. I sat down on a chair and i said: I think i know you good enough after one year of marriage, to know u did something wrong and u'r trying to cover it up by being nice. What on earth did u do now? The look on Andrew's face just expressed the fact that his cover was blown. He sat down and took my hands. He looked me straight in the eyes and said: Dearest, i need to tell you something... I knew that what was coming after that i wouldnt like, so i found the nearest excuse and said: can we have this conversation tonight i need to get ready for work. He let out a slight sigh and said: fine but no excuses tonight. Little did i forget he knows me pretty well to. When i arrived at work i was so excited to see my bestie. She just always understood me no matter what the issue was. When i saw Lily standing behind the counter making some coffee's i ran up to her and explained her what happend this morning. Lily was a very positive thinker, shes the one that made me believe in my marriage, wich in my opinion is very hard. She just said he was going to say he wants to do it all over. But i wasnt so sure of that. All kinds of thoughts were spooking in my mind. But right now, im just going to focus on making tasty coffee's for custcomers. Before noon break a old couple came by. This elderly couple has been coming to this bistro for ages now, i sometimes wait to take my break untill i have seen them. Everybody in the bistro is familiar with the greeners couple. They were a married couple and their marriage was the most beautifull one i have every seen, and ive been around for 25 years now. Their love never failed to cheer us up after a long day of work. I served them their order and then i went on my break. During my lunch break someone called me to the front. When i arrived at the counter i saw Andrew standing there. He wanted to talk with me so we went outside. He told me that the work excuse never worked and i should have better excuses than work. I agreed with him but i was dumb enough to use it again. And this time it actually worked. Back at home Andrew came to me whilst i was doing the dishes. He wanted to discuss what was going on now so he sat me down and said: For the past month i feel like we have just been growing apart, and i know its my fault. I just want to keep our marriage going. Andrew looked at me like he expected me to give him a Rolls Royce as rewards. But i just said, i think u'r right. The only thing spooking my mind right now was, dammit why is Lily always right.After i said that i went upstairs to our room. He followed me like a little puppy and when we were in bed, he held me tightly. And for the first time in months, i felt loved again....