Chapter 2: Restart

Me and Andrew have decided that we needed to restart on a fresh slate, and try to forget everything that happend in the past. Our marriage didnt fail for no reason, no in fact he did cheat on me in the past. Yes, thats a hard thing to just let go, but if I want this marriage to survive im going to have to. When I woke up that morning, Andrew was still sleeping. He didnt have to be up yet so i didnt really mind. I went over to the kitchen and started gathering my ingredients for cereal. The ingredients for that are pretty easy, a box of cereal, milk, a spoon and a bowl. I loved eating cereal, its just delicious. I would eat it all day long if i had the chance to. I was making my cereal when Andrew just popped up besides me and grabbed me by my waist. He pulled me in for a kiss and said: goodmorning princess. Boy was i stunned. I have never seen him this 'caring'. It gave me a butterfly feeling, you know, the feeling u get when u have a summer fling. I said goodmorning and asked him if he wanted some cereal aswell. Andrew nodded excitedly, so i grabbed a second bowl and gave him some cereal to. After i finished my breakfest i started getting ready for work, it was quite late already and i hated being late at work so i had to put a little rush to it. 

It was just a usual day of serving coffee's and milkshakes. I loved working in the bristo, but it was time for me to find a job that was paying me more. The bills are only getting higher and higher, to the point where my earnings at the bristo would not be enough anymore to cover the bills and groceries. Ofcourse Andrew helped paying but we are short on money so we didnt really have fun anymore. I have already signed on some job interviews that were coming this week. But i havent told Lily and Andrew yet. Lily would be devestated if i would be leaving the bristo to go work somewhere else because she was my work bestie. Andrew would just support my decision, i hope...

Just as i was going to leave the bristo to go home, Lily ran up to me. She came to say goodbye, and i thought this was the moment to tell her. I just wanted it over with so i started saying: Lily, i need to tell you something... I saw her smile instantly drop, and it sure hurts seeing that. The bistro is not paying me enough to still be able to pay my bills and live a little, i said. So i signed on some paperworks to go on a job interview. I thought Lily was going to be mad but instead she said: i understand, its getting tight for me to. Lily seemed to support my decision and not really be mad about it, i could see she was a little sad about it but she wasnt mad. Her not being mad was a good relief.

Later that evening when i got home there was a strong smell of food. And it smelled amazing. As i yelled IM HOMEEE Andrew came running up to me like a golden retriever. With a proud look on his face he said: I made us some pasta. I love pasta, so i was over the moon. So this is your little trick huh, spoiling me to death. I said with a teasing voice. Why not, he said. When i went to sit down the table was beautifully decorated with candles and rose petals, it looked like something u would see on pinterest. The food was made with love, he said. The food was delicious, i kind of forgot he was a cook in a five star restaurant. The last few days have brought up alot of good  memories, memories i thought i would never forget. Everything has seemed so magical, just like in the beginning of our relationship, it was a real restart.