#018

[YEONJUN'S POV]

"y.. y/n..?" i hoarsely whispered. y/n grinned back at me, her head cutely tilted to the side. before i knew it, my body moved on its own. i threw myself onto her, holding her closely. i held her like it was my last. i held her tightly so she won't fly away like a butterfly. i held her carefully so she won't break like fragile glass.

"yeonjun..?"

her voice was quiet and i knew she was confused from the way her voice murmured my name. i tightened my grip onto her and my ears threatened to water. i tried to blink it away but tears kept pooling.

i missed her voice.

"yeonjun?"

i missed the way she says my name.

"uhm, yeonjun?"

i missed her warmth.

y/n shifted within my grasp and pulled away. her confused eyes distorted into concern once she saw my salty cheeks. "why are you crying? what's wrong?" her voice was full of panic as she looked me up and down. she dragged me to the couch and sat me down.

"what's wrong?" she questioned again.

i nearly scoffed. "what's wrong? you say that after being gone for a month or so? you didn't even tell me you'll take this long!"

"it's.. been a month..? already?"

"yeah, no shit." i rolled my eyes but felt myself getting softer once an apologetic look graces her face.

"i'm sorry. i didn't know it would've taken me that long. i thought it has been a week or something." she mumbled as she looked down at her lap. i noticed y/n nibbling her lower lip so i grabbed her face to make her look at me.

"don't do that."

"do what?"

"nibble your lips." i murmured softly. y/n looked away from my gaze and i sighed. my hands slithered to interlock with hers which made her surprised as she sent me a questioning look. i simply smiled in content. i looked over at my phone to check the time. it's already past midnight. it's already the 1st of january. it's 2024.

"where have you been?" i asked. y/n scooted further from me, causing me to slightly frown as i retreated my hands. she cleared her throat and stood up. "somewhere."

"where?"

y/n grew silent and her eyes wandered to look at everywhere but me.

"i can't tell you that."

"why not? you left me worried for the past 1 to 2 months without you.."

from the corner of my eyes, i noticed that she fisted her hands. "i just.." she sighed, "..can't tell you that. it's personal."

i chewed my inner cheek and sighed. i wasn't satisfied with her answer. i wanted to know where she was at. what took her long to return. what is it that she can't tell me? but i didn't want to pry as well.

"well," y/n cleared her throat. she strode towards the door and paused, "it's late already so i should go now. bye yeonjun.. see you tomorrow—"

before she could finish her sentence, i rushed over and pulled her. y/n stumbled into my arms but then stood properly while ignoring my eyes.

"stay with me."

"huh?"

"spend your night here with me please." i pouted and pulled her in. y/n paid me a questioning gaze. she glanced at the digital clock then back at me. "it's 1am. we don't wanna get eyebags now, do we?"

"i want to spend time with you though." i whined. y/n chuckled, "fine."

[💘]

"you said you were a dancer right?"

y/n's question reached my ear as i emerged from the bathroom. i raised a brow with a hum. y/n's back was turned towards me and she was busy rummaging through a box that i had shoved aside filled with junk.

"what are you searching for?"

y/n didn't answer. she softly aha-ed once she successfully pulled out something from the box. my eyes tinkled with melancholic realization once i noticed the caramel-brown exterior of the portable radio. i chucked it away after my break up with hari. i lost the will to dance after breaking up with hari. i used to use it to dance with her but after we broke up, the sight of just seeing it angered me. however now, it just looks like a useless music box that has no significance to me.

y/n turned towards me with an excited glimmer in her eyes. she waved the radio before turning it on. a rather unfamiliar song tuned in.

'it must be more than i need you, more than i love you...'

'be more than wishes on stars, high above you..'

'if words could just hold you, tell me you feel me. oh, just to know you... tell me you see me.'

"what are you doing?" i scrutinized.

"dance for me, yeonjun."

i thought about it. my heart was palpitating, bubbling with excitement and hesitance.

i wanted to dance with her.

i wanted to replace those memories of hari with y/n instead.

'it must be more than i want you, more than i caught you.'

'be more than dancing in raindrops...'

'falling to touch you, whoa, just to touch you, oh..'

before i knew it, my feet moved on its own. i stood up and pulled y/n up as well. she curiously eyed me but let me hold her. i placed my right hand below her left shoulder and gestured her to put her left hand on my upper right arm. y/n scrunched her face but complied.

"i'm horrible at dancing."

"just trust me and go with the flow," i assured her gently.

"you should be doing this with someone you like."

i hummed her response and slowly swayed our bodies into a simple waltz. y/n was tensed but she loosened up after getting comfortable. silence lingered between us. faint laughter from my neighbour's unit and the sound of bikes screeching on the road reached my ear. i blocked it off and placed my attention on the girl in front of me. her eyes weren't even on me to my disappointment.

"look up. my face is not down there with my feet."

"huh, oh yeah." she cleared her throat and looked up with a faint smile. my eyes instantly switched between her lips and eyes. i don't think she had any idea of how nerve wrecking i feel right now. i wanted to kiss her.

"i heard guys like older girls." y/n blurted.

"what?"

"i saw on a website that guys like older girls."

"you don't look older than me though."