#001

[ Y/N'S POV ]

"lady y/n! lady y/n!"

the celestial realm was where i belonged. luminescent skylines, adorned with hues unseen by earthly eyes, stretched infinitely, and stars pulsated with the very essence of affection. islands floated here, suspended in the celestial ether and served as ethereal sanctuaries with each having its own purpose. we had training grounds for novice cupids to serene meditation spaces. gardens of otherworldly blooms emit a soft, radiant glow, mirroring the diverse forms of love that flourished here. harmony pools, reflecting the emotions forged by cupids on earth, rippled gently, while towering wisdom pillars stood as beacons of celestial insight.

this is home. a safe haven for my fellow cupids and i.

"lady y/n!" a group of young cupids fluttered towards me. young and energetic as they are, playful arrows were shot at every direction, including one that was heading right at me. i chuckled, waving my hand and in an instant the arrow vanished into thin air, leaving behind a soft glow of pink.

"young ones, have i not told you to not shoot your arrows carelessly." i reminded, warmly smiling and crouched down to pat a few of the cupids' heads. "sorry, lady y/n! we're just utterly bitter we won't have you around after today now that sir cupid has assigned you a task." aether, one of the young cupids answered. he loomed closer and embraced me, followed by the others.

i giggled. "don't be disheartened now, my loves." i stood up. "i promise i'll return with exciting stories to tell you all!"

"will you be helping a cow fall in love like your previous mission?" one of them asked out loud. many laughed, including me.

"no, young one. i'll be at a city this time." i answered, eyes glimmering with excitement now. "i'll be going to where i came from."

RING!

an enchanting melody began playing right after that bell— one that called for me. i smiled wider, taking a step backwards. "it's time."

"we're going to miss you dearly, lady y/n."

"me too, young ones. me too. take care, loves!" i called out before i felt myself teleporting. it was a quick journey, one that was faster than light. i adjusted my breathing rhythm, feeling myself get excited that i will be tasked yet again.

now as i stood in front of the gates where the council and higher ups resided and worked, heart drumming itself within me and lips getting nibbled on. the gates creaked open. the signage 'council of love' was high and bright. a heartwarming atmosphere hung in the air, calming me. i quickly strolled in. there, the council sat in a straight line. all of them faced me and had a warm smile.

"y/n, celestial bearer of love's gentle touch, the cosmos has whispered of a mortal tale that requires your divine attention." they spoke.

"elder, i stand ready to heed the call."

they beamed, "of course you are. you are one of our best and trusted cupids. not only do you nurture our novices well, but you also steadily finish each and every task diligently."

"i am humbled, my grace."

"cupid y/n, listen closely. in the realm where humanity's hearts beat in symphony, a soul named yeonjun wanders amidst the echoes of a love lost. his spirit is adrift, and the threads of fate have entwined with his essence. your mission is to be the unseen whisperer, the clandestine guide. observe, learn, and gently nudge his heart back toward the dance of love. the celestial nexus shall watch over you, and the stars will bear witness to your benevolent endeavors." 

my eyes gleamed as i listened. this wasn't the first time i was assigned to such task that took months for me to complete. this wasn't the first time i was tasked to be an advisor rather than the one shooting arrows. i fisted my hands, ready to step foot onto earth and meet that soul.

"are you ready, cupid y/n?" they inquired, staring at me. i nodded, "yes."

"very well. i wish you the best."

and that was it. the last sweet words whispered to me before i was sent down. i shall complete this mission with grace.