#014

weird.

something felt very weird.

i wandered around my apartment, shaking the feeling off but i just couldn't. it felt like there was a foreign force surrounding me right now. my stomach churned and i had to knock my head to get me back to reality.

"get it together, y/n. there's nothing to be anxious about." i muttered. i quickened my steps and made my way towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. my mouth felt dry all of a sudden.

however as i walked, a newfound energy in my home made me pause. my heartbeat accelerated and i didn't bother turning to look at the messenger.

"what happened?"

through the glassy window, i observed the messenger. he was shivering slightly and licked his lips repeatedly as though he was anxious. 

"the love nexus. it's unstable. all cupids are to retreat earth and return to the realm right now."

my heart dropped and my breath hitched. my grip on the glass weakened and it slipped through my grip. it dropped onto the counter, causing a crack to form.

"how long will it take for it to return back to normal?"

"the council has no answer to that right now. you are immediately requested to aid the council with the other cupids so the instability doesn't destroy our realm." the young messenger said out loud. i nibbled on my lower lip, feeling my stomach churn at the same time.

"you go first," i instructed. "i got something to do quick before i come up." the messenger nodded and vanished in a blink of an eye. i hurriedly rushed to my room, took a paper and pen and hastily wrote down a note.

i dashed out of my house and stood in front of yeonjun's home. i could still hear the boys' inside and my fisted hands froze right before i could knock. they came back. to avoid wasting more time, i slipped the paper into the door hole. closing my eyes, i sighed.

"i don't know when i'll be back but i'll see you again."

[💘]

the moment i returned to the celestial realm, aether had already jumped onto me. he clung onto my leg, letting out a sob. "lady y/n! what will happen to us cupids if the love nexus is weak now?" the boy whimpered.

"nothing." i tightly smiled, ruffling his hair. my heart was anxiously racing within me and i quivered. the realm that was once harmonious was a mess now. cupids hurriedly fluttered about, their radiant forms dimmed. higher ranked cupid were engaged in fervent discussions. anxious murmurs circulated among the cupids and i hurriedly excused myself from the kid.

"sir cupid!" i called out, rushing to the man. the man was visibly shaken up and sweat was dripping as he ran around.

"cupid y/n."

"how did the love nexus become unstable?" i asked glancing at the the huge pillar situated in the middle of the area. love water bathed the pillar and usually, it would be sparkling bright but today, it was barely flickering. the love nexus is very important to us cupids. without the love nexus, we are nothing. the love nexus is the pillar, built by the great cupid, that provided us the energy to help humans find love. knowing it was breaking down again after centuries shook the entire realm.

"we do not know why but all of us are trying out best to find a cause. come, help us. we will be having a meeting with the rest." he spoke urgently and rushed off. i followed him from behind. the rest of the cupids soon followed and we were sitting at a conference-room like place except we were in the open and not in a room.

the higher ranked cupids stood on the podium. they were talking to each other in hushed tones before one of them came forward. the lady looked at all of us with a visible expression of concern. the open-air meeting space held a collective tension as cupids of various ranks awaited her words.

"fellow cupids," she began, her voice carrying the weight of the situation, "the love nexus is experiencing unprecedented instability. the threads of love, which we so carefully weave and nurture, have been disturbed. our efforts to discern the cause have proven challenging. this is not merely a localized disturbance but a celestial-wide crisis that requires our immediate attention."

her words hung in the air, the gravity of the situation sinking in among the assembled cupids. the lady continued, "we must pool our insights and efforts. every cupid, regardless of rank, holds a unique connection to the love nexus. together, we will uncover the cause and restore the balance. this is not only our duty; it is a testament to the essence of love that binds all of creation."

a collective murmur of agreement rippled through the gathered cupids. the lady on the celestial podium nodded, acknowledging the unity.

"in the coming days, we will conduct thorough investigations, and each of you will play a vital role in this endeavor. we shall convene regularly to share findings and insights. let our collective strength be the beacon that guides us through this problem."

[YEONJUN'S POV]

"bye hyung!" the boys waved as they left my house. i waved with a smile but it soon left my lips when the loneliness returned. my apartment that was once full of laughter now felt lonely. the living room was messy with empty cans of drinks and the tv was on, a random channel playing which neither of us even used. my pillows were also scattered across the room as we were pillow fighting.

i glanced at y/n's door and my hands were itching to knock at it.

i kinda want her company right now.

i mean, it hasn't even been five hours since she left my house but i miss her. thanks to her, i felt so much better and got well quick.

should i knock on her door? should i not? i stood still, staring at her apartment. i wonder what she's doing... probably lazing around. ah, fuck it. i'm going to ask her to come over.

my legs automatically strided towards her place. i knocked thrice, knuckles hitting against the door. when i received no response, i decided to ring the doorbell. however, i still received no response. my brows furrowed as i decided to ring one more time. if she doesn't answer the door, then i'll leave.

also, the thought of her not answering the door kinda made me upset. my stomach just churned at that thought.

maybe she's busy, i reasoned out and turned, sluggishly making my way home. however, i paused when i noticed a piece of paper. i picked it up once i noticed y/n's name written at the bottom right.

"an emergency came up," the note read. "i don't know when i'll be back but take care of yourself. see ya again when i'm back."