#007

knock! knock!

the sound of my door knocking resonated. faint thuds soon faded as well. i stood up, strolling to the door to check. once i swung the door open, emptiness greeted me. i frowned. just as i was about to close the door, a white piece of paper on the ground caught my eye. picking it up, i couldn't help but let out a snigger.

'Sorry for yesterday! Let's forget it even happened....
Don't get mad at me and thanks for the soup...
- cyj'

yeonjun's handwriting was terrible. the words, hastily scrawled on the huge a4 paper were large and messy just like how a preschooler would write. clutching the note in my hand, i decided to visit him.

knock! knock!

my hands hammered against the door. muffled noises came from behind but he didn't open the door. i bit my lips to stifle a laugh. "yeonjun? open up, i know you're in there." i mused, a teasing smile playing on my lips.

"i think you're at the wrong house, miss." muffled, yeonjun answered back.

"oh, i'm pretty sure i've got the right house, yeonjun. now quit hiding and open the door."

silence hung in the air for a bit before, with a reluctant creak, the door opened a crack. yeonjun's eyes peeked through, a mix of embarrassment and shame dancing in their depths. "can we not talk about it?" he pleaded, a sheepish grin tugging at the corners of his lips.

i chuckled, "okay but i just gotta tell you; it's okay. you were drunk. you had no control over your actions. i totally understand so don't feel awkward and bad around me."

yeonjun's shoulder slumped as he looked down then back at me. "come on in," he gestured and opened the door. happily, i complied and entered. 

"are you wondering about hari? uhm, the girl's name i called you yesterday..." with a small voice, he mumbled. 

"yeah. you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable though."

silence enveloped between us. i glanced at the clock on his wall, watching it tick away.

"she's my ex girlfriend," yeonjun began. i nodded, knowing that detail already. i hummed to indicate to him that i was listening. "she was my everything. we dated for 4 years. we were going strong. everyone told us we were meant to be." he chuckled, staring at his lap. "but we broke up in the end. i don't know why though. i'm still here madly in love with her. it's been a year."

"you haven't gotten over her?"

yeonjun smiled sadly, "i can't. she's one of a kind. maybe there are days where my feelings for her become lesser but i can't fully get over her."

"i see." i frowned to myself. wanting to shoo the depressing atmosphere away, i dragged him up. "yah, let's go out. let's get some fresh air."

"huh? what? wh—"

[ THIRD PERSON'S POV ]

"truth be told," y/n hummed, walking side by side with her friend, "this is my first time here. i didn't know there was a mall." yeonjun sent her a look of disbelief, severely judging. "you're telling me you live at our apartment building yet never came across this fucking mall located right beside it?"

y/n simply nodded, leaving the guy even more skeptical. "don't be ridiculous."

"i'm not!" she instantly defended herself, shooting yeonjun a look. "i'm new here."

"i'm new here." yeonjun mocked her, snickering afterwards. he wasn't going to buy that response. especially the fact that the condominium they were living in is located close to the bustling city area.

"kay, whatever. if you're not going to believe me, suit yourself. you won't understand it either way."

the boy snickered louder at her. y/n only shrugged and rolled her eyes, not wishing to entertain his mockery anymore. he wouldn't get it. he's only a mere human.

"mind giving me a tour so this poor foreigner will be accustomed to her neighbourhood?"

yeonjun tsked, "there isn't a much. it's a mall. you'll find restaurants, shops, toilets, bookstores. whatever you usually find in a mall." he nonchalantly replied. from a distance, y/n sniffed. freshly cooked food filled the air and into her nose. she pulled yeonjun.

"let's get something to eat."

the pair eventually stopped at a cart where an old man busied himself grilling bungeo-ppang. y/n's stomach rumbled as she eyed the fish-shaped pastry. her hands instantly went for her pocket but disappointment embraced when she realized she didn't bring her wallet. yeonjun took notice of it and sighed with a small smile, "ahjussi, two please!" he said, fishing out his own wallet to pay.

"coming right up!" the vendor responded. y/n cheekily eyed her friend, "thanks. i'll repay you back later."

"save it. let me treat you."

a wide grin stretched on her lips. the vendor passed the two their food and y/n excitingly dug in, smelling it beforehand. the sweetened red bean paste filled the cupid's mouth and she wiggled a bit on spot, expressing how tasty it was. her eyes almost watered too. she looks like a toddler, he mentally thought and chuckled whilst observing her. that is when he noticed a bit of red bean paste stuck on her lips, causing him to laugh softly.

"whatchu laughing at, boy?" y/n glanced at him. they had continued their walk with yeonjun slowly eating his food. finishing his munch on the food, he gestured to y/n's lips. "you got a little something there..."

"here?" her hands flung to her lower face, fingertips wiping every area except there.

"no," yeonjun grimaced. he used his own hand to show where it was at, "here."

again, she failed. her fingertips barely even reached that one area. frustrated, he held her head. he used his own thumb, clearing it away. he brought out a tissue afterwards to wipe his thumb, lowkey disgusted. y/n flushed red with embarrassment, using her own thumb to feel the area the paste was at.

"what a kid."

"okay father."

yeonjun rolled his eyes. both of them continued their journey, mostly with y/n checking her surroundings carefully. her eyes spotted a few ladies that could've been possible candidates to yeonjun's love life yet something within her told her that they just wouldn't  work out.

"oi, let's go check out some clothes."

most girls love clothes. they will frequent the popular clothing stores. i can find more suitable ones for him there.

"i'm not paying for your clothes just so you know," yeonjun said out aloud. y/n laughed, "don't worry, i got other plans."

"what are you even gonna do there? don't tell me you're gonna try the clothes and ask me to rate them on you?" he blabbered, being pulled away. as the cupid listened to him, a new voice ringed behind them.

"yeonjun? is that you?"