#002

[ Y/N'S POV ]

"oh?" i mumbled dumbfounded. i was on a rooftop and it was night. no life was around. it was only me. the city sprawled beneath me, a tapestry of twinkling lights and hushed whispers of lives intertwined. the cool night air cradled me, carrying echoes of distant laughter. the stars above sparkled, each a celestial witness to the tales that unfolded beneath their watchful gaze.

seoul... ah, i missed this place. i inhaled, smelling the fresh yet distant smell of my hometown. before i was a cupid, i was human though i have forgotten my entire memory. i don't know my family nor which area i came from. i just knew i lived in seoul.

"now, where is he at?" i mumbled, dragging myself closer to the railings. there's nothing i could do right now. i could only wait until the male appears. i trust the council's judgement and i'm sure they will lead me to him.

HIC!

i jolted on spot. that surprised me, geez. i sighed, shaking my head and calming myself. i scrunched my face and turned, listening carefully to the sound.

HIC!

"hiccups?" i whispered. i followed the sound and soon i finally saw that thread of black. he's here. i followed the thread and soon the hiccups became louder and i heard sobs. depressing music played faintly and the smell of alcohol wafted through the air. i frowned, covering my nose. ew alcohol.

HIC! HIC!

i stood rooted there. he was there. yeonjun was slumped against the wall, his spirit weighed down by the heavy cloak of intoxication. the scent of alcohol heavily lingered in the air now that i stood closer. his cheeks were stained by his salty tears, glistening under the moonlight.

"oh, yeonjun..." i sighed. "poor guy."

he was laughing and crying at the same time like a maniac. "i just wanna be the one.. but to you we're already done—HIC!" his hand reached out to grab a bottle and he chugged it whole. i observed him snickering as he put it away.

"now i'm all alone crying ugly." he was singing. intrigued, i continued watching to learn his behaviour even if he wasn't sane right now. "you broke my heart just for fun... took my love and left me—HIC!"

"what a broken young soul." i commented.

'another story that's sad and true. i can feel the pain, can you?'

'you had to be the one to let me down to color me blue'

it's unsafe for him to stay here. he's drunk. i frowned. he could do stupid things that could harm him as well.

"AHAHHAHAHAHA! ALL MY LOVE IS GO—HIC! OOOOONEEE!"

"oh my lord," i jumped, heart almost popping out in shock when yeonjun laughed out loud and started screaming the song. i let out an exasperated sigh. oh my god, this guy is full of jump scares

he grabbed another bottle and chugged it. i frowned. i need to do something. he might die from drinking too much alcohol.

"yeonjun," i whispered, the celestial breeze carrying my voice to his ears like a soft murmur. "allow me to guide you back home."

as soon as i said that, yeonjun pushed himself up. he grabbed a bottle and stumbled towards the celestial breeze that i had sent out to guide him. the city lights below flickered in rhythm with his uneven steps. i watched him laugh and almost lose balance but thanks to the celestial energy surrounding him, it protected him and gave him that extra support.

[💘]

"goodness, his house is a mess." i mumbled.

the air hung heavy with the pungent scent of stale alcohol. empty bottles adorned surfaces like silent sentinels. unfolded blankets and clothes were strewn across the furniture and scattered across the floor like fallen leaves. if only i could clean but i need to keep myself hidden from his eyes.

"i'll return tomorrow, yeonjun." i whispered, watching the boy doze off. "sleep well." then i vanished myself.