39|Show Me Everything

Start bij het begin

He smiled.

"He saw something in you that you couldn't see in yourself. He knew that you could care for me and love me unconditionally," I smiled. "I should've known my father wouldn't just throw me in a marriage recklessly. He knew."

"When I first met Enzo, I tried to kill him," he admitted. "I hated all of you for the simple fact that I did not know your people. Your father almost beat my ass to death."

We both laughed.

"He told me that I reminded him of himself when he was younger. He saw my anger and knew my pain. After he said that, I didn't hate him that much anymore," he said.

"He called me a month later requesting for guns in exchange for manpower. My father said that wasn't a fair trade for the amount of supplies your people needed so that's when you came into the picture."

"I told him that I would kill you the first chance I get and he knew I wouldn't," he said. "Enzo is a smart man. I should've known from the start what he was trying to do."

I smiled. "Well, I'm glad I met you."

"I'm glad I met you, too," he said before kissing me.

He stood up and stretched his hand out to me. "Come, let's go in the pool."

I covered my mouth as I laughed. "What? Santo, it's eleven o'clock in the night."

"Even better," he smirked as he indicated to me to take his hand.

"You're something else," I smiled before taking his hand.

He held my hand as he led me to the pool in the back.

I found myself smiling.

These were the kind of things I imagined doing with my forever.

We would do simple activities such as talking, shopping together, playing games, and swimming.

He let go of me and pulled off his shirt, exposing his chest.

Even after seeing him naked it still felt like I was seeing him for the first time.

Will I ever get used to this?

He looked back at me before turning around. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," I smiled. "Can I go in the pool with these clothes on?"

He smiled. "You're cute. You don't have to ask me for permission, you can do whatever you want."

He stretched out his hand again and this time I gladly took it.

As we walked into the pool, the cool water brushed against my skin.

We adjusted to the temperature of the water before finally settling in one spot.

He was leaning on the edge of the pool with his arms wrapped me.

"So does this mean we're a real couple now?" I asked him and he turned me around to face him.

"What do you want, Emilia?" He asked back.

"I want to be a real couple," I told him and he nodded.

"Well, I guess we're official then," he said before leaning down and kissing me.

I smiled as I kissed him back.

"Santo," I said as I pulled back. "Do you like shopping by any chance?"

He looked on me confused. "I don't have time to shop. Where is this coming from?"

"If you had the time, would you like to shop?" I rephrased my question and he pondered on it for a moment.

He nodded. "Yes, there is nothing wrong with shopping."

I immediately smiled from ear to ear.

"What?" He asked as he smiled back. "I'm so confused."

"I just wanted to know something," I told him without giving much information.

"Well, was my answer good?"

It was perfect.

"It was 'okay'," I teased him and he gave me a look.

"Are you seriously going to act like that now?" He asked realizing what I was doing.

"Maybe," I said as I looked at him.

Things were going perfect.

Santo and I had changed from forcing ourselves not to kill each other all the time to forcing ourselves not to kiss each other all the time.

Was this how my mom felt when she and my papá got together?

I wanted to say I loved him but I still wasn't sure. I needed to know that he was my forever to say that.

A part of me still thought that my forever was out there somewhere.

I could tell he was trying to but Santo still didn't believe in forevers.

A heavy shower of rain immediately poured down on us.

I looked up to the night sky which was barely overcast. "Are you kidding me right now? We've barely been in here for long."

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"It's raining, Santo," I stated the obvious.

"Even better," he said as he smiled deviously. "Do you want me to show you some things we can do in the rain?"

I slightly tilted my head as I tried to comprehend what he meant.

He pulled me closer and I immediately knew what his lesson was about.

"Show me everything," I ordered before he smashed his lips onto mine.