Plane,airport, plane

Despite their less-than-enthusiastic attitudes when he originally announced the trip, they seemed to have brightened those attitudes once they arrived at the airport. Ben decided he didn't need to lower his expectations. His family was just in a mood because they were tired.

"Can't wait to chill out on the beach at our resort" Joey read the brochure

"I'm looking forward to snorkeling" Tuck smiled

"I'm looking forward to rest and relaxation at this spa" Miranda smiled

"I'm taking this family out jet skiing so you know" Ben laughed

"Awesome" Tuck and Joey high-fived but Miranda gave him a look "We're doing what"

"We're hopping on Jet skis" Ben nodded "You can ride with me baby" He laughed and kissed her cheek. She rolled her eyes and kept reading the brochure. Soon they boarded their flight and Tuck and Joey marveled at first class. They settled into their comfortable seats and put in their complimentary headphones and they searched through the catalog of things to watch. Ben and Miranda laughed as they sat in the row behind their sons.

Miranda still was not too pleased about the length of these flights. And she especially wasn't fond of the layover she had waiting for her but she was fond of her husband and his big heart. She took out a surgical journal that she had planned on reading and Ben handed her, her neck pillow.

"You boys comfortable" Ben asked his sons

"Yep" Tuck nodded

"Sure am" Joey nodded

He nodded and sat back in his seat putting on his own neck pillow "Bunking down for 5 hours"

"I still can't believe how long this trip is, When we get to Punta Cana we're going to be exhausted" Miranda rested her head on the window

"That's why we're staying an extra day to make up for it, I am not making us forfeit anything on this trip" Ben smiled " I'm ready for Pina Colada on the beach"
As their flight took off Miranda looked out the window watching them ascend above the clouds. This brought her a certain level of peace that she didn't expect. She was dreading being on this flight but right now she liked it.

"Thank you for this" Miranda held her husband's hand and smiled. He kissed her hand and gave her a smile as well "I knew you would like this. Even if you and your sons were acting ungrateful earlier"

"We apologized" She kissed his cheek "and in our defense we were tired"

"God and Tuck saying ball cancer. I get that's what it was but something about our son saying it like that" Ben shook his head

"He just said it so casually. You had ball cancer" Miranda laughed

"It reminded me of when Joey asked me would it look weird down there after my surgery" Ben laughed

"I'm excited that one day we're going to be at his white coat ceremony" Miranda smiled

"Get him an engraved stethoscope" Ben laughed "Joey Phillips M.D and Tuck is going to be the president so we'll have to get him something too"

"What do you get the president" Ben laughed

"An official bill signing pen" Miranda suggested
They laughed talking about their future and their sons' futures. A few times they talked with their boys and they ate food, took brief naps, the boys watched movies while Ben and Miranda read but after all that they were only 2 hours into a 5 hour flight.

"Man this flight feels never ending" Ben yawned

"I was so sure I took a 3 hour nap" Miranda adjusted the blanket on her