"No... but I'll do it tomorrow," I say in a hopeful tone.

"Tomorrow is Monday." She states.

Damn it.

"Okay, I'll do it right now." I give in and go back upstairs to finish homework.

■ □ □ □ ■

After two hours, I finished my homework. Then, I go back downstairs to tell my mama and Uncle Aaron the news.

I go to the living room, and I catch my mama and Uncle Aaron watching a sports game.

"I have something to tell you guys," I tell them as they bring their attention toward me.

"You broke your punching bag?" Uncle Aaron interjects.

"No, I asked Ramona out on a date today," I replied. My mom looks at me with great joy in her eyes and hugs me.

"¡Oh, esto es asombroso! ¡Deberíamos conocerla! ¡Espera, cena! ¡Podemos cenar en casa todos juntos! ¡Esto es genial!" My mom exclaims with excitement as she gives me the plans later in the evening.

"That's great, ma," I say with a genuine tone as I pat her back.

I hope Ramona is okay with having dinner here.

My ma does make great food.

They're perfect every single time.

"Wonderful, you've gotten your mom high." Uncle Aaron states.

"Don't say it that way. She's just happy for me in a sense." I claim as Uncle Aaron sighs and goes to his room to redesign his old clothing.

■ □ □ □ ■

I get dressed into my favorite purple hoodie and green jacket over it with some black pants and black Nikes.

I grab my wallet and shove it in my right pocket and I spray cologne a little bit onto my clothing.

Then, I go to my mama so she can braid my hair.

I check the time to see it is 12:55 pm.

"Ma, I'm heading out," I say to my mama as she hugs me.

"You be good to her." That's all she says and I leave the house and walk to Ramona's house.

She told me her house wasn't far and I remember where it was to be precise.

In five minutes, I reach her apartment and I ring the doorbell. After ten seconds, the door reveals Ramona in a purple blouse with green jeans and Converse shoes. In her right hand, she's holding a black North Face jacket.

Woah.

She finally chose the right colors, first of all.

"Do I look bad?" Her expression changes into a worried look and starts getting nervous.

"No, no, no. You look beautiful."

Finally, I admit myself that I have fallen for her.

She looks absolutely phenomenal.

Her expression changes into a joyful mood and a shade of pink covers her face.

She closes the door and walks with me to find a restaurant for lunch.

"Oh look, we're matching! Purple and green." Ramona points to my outfit and to hers.

"Oh yeah, that's funny," I say with a chuckle.

"Oh and before I forget, you'll have dinner with us in the evening. My mom insisted." I explain.

"Cool! I can't wait to meet your family." She replies, giving me a big smile.