"We have prepared you your own rooms and we arranged them all in the same corridor as Alora's," Kian informs them with his usual kind tone.

"I'll lead you to them," I offer.

"Perfect, and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything, my dears." Celeste leaves with one last reassuring squeeze to my arm and Kian trails behind her, snaking his arm around her waist.

With Lorenzo to my right, I lead the group inside as Cateline starts blabbering about all the activities she wishes for us to do. I wonder if she chooses to ignore the violent battles awaiting our kingdoms because she is used to it or if she does it to lift our spirits. Whatever it is, I am convinced everyone here is grateful.

Just as I'm about to pass the door, I see a bird landing on the carriage's roof. I turn to Lorenzo, lifting an inquiring brow.

He simply shrugs, setting a foot in the castle. "You wanted birds."

•••

"Our brother stayed in Chrysos, father says it is his duty as the future king to learn the prospects of war," Elizabeth says as she sits on one of the sofas of the lounge we are settled in.

I had planned to show our guests the town and the gardens but I soon realized how tired they were from their long journey. At least, the three girls were, but I couldn't say the same for their younger siblings.

Maeve sighs loudly and drapes herself over Cateline's lap. "You would think I would have that task as well as the future Queen of my land but father-dearest categorically refused my demand."

"Your moment of glory will come, Maeve," Cateline reassures her while stroking her hair. "Maeve Delaney, the bravest Queen to have set foot upon this land! That is what they will call you."

The blonde's amusing comment etches a smile on Maeve's lips and she rolls her eyes sarcastically. "No need to praise me, Miss Ivory."

Although we've only met each other a few hours ago, I already get along with all of the royal heirs really well. Elizabeth and Maeve have been nothing but kind to me and as for their younger siblings, I now believe I have met the cutest kids to exist.

"That," I tell Malcolm and Jane as their intrigued eyes are fixed on the map laid out on the table. "is Andromeda. When I was little, I found interest in the stars I would see in the sky and after some searching, I discovered Andromeda's existence. I used to talk to her every night before going to bed."

"What did you speak to her about? Did she ever respond?" Jane asks quietly.

"I would mostly tell her about my days, but I guess she's a little shy because I never got an answer," I shrug. "That or she thought I was horribly boring."

They both laugh at me, Malcolm laughing the hardest, as I playfully nudge them with my elbows.

"Malcolm, Jane," Elizabeth intervenes. "How about you two go see the stables with Delmont?"

The kids shoot up from their seats, hurrying towards him with excited giggles. "Are there many horses here?" "Can we ride them, Alora?"

I stand up as well, patting their heads affectionately. "We have plenty of them, but maybe we should wait another moment to mount them," I tell them.

"Okay, Alora," Malcolm nods before he runs to the doors with Jane by his side.

"Miss," Lorenzo says. "I can't leave you here unguarded."

I look up at him amused. "Are you so paranoid you won't even trust your own wards enough to keep me safe?"

He throws me an unimpressed look and leans down so only I can hear his words, "Only if you promise me to keep this on you at all times."