XV

"She conquered all her demons and wore her scars like wings

"She conquered all her demons and wore her scars like wings."
Atticus

I walk quickly in front of Delmont, trying to get away from him. After he dragged us back to the castle, Cateline's family decided to leave sooner saying they wanted to reach the place they'd rest at before sundown.

We gave our goodbyes both with sad faces, promising to write to each other as much as possible. Now that she's gone, I can only be angry at the young sorcerer for cutting short our nice afternoon.

"Will you just slow down, Miss," I hear him exclaim at the other end of the hallway.

Choosing to simply ignore him, I roll my eyes and lift the hem of my dress in the hope of getting to my room faster.

When I finally reach the familiar double doors, I grip the handle in a rush and look behind me. To my relief, Delmont isn't anywhere near sight and neither do I hear his annoying voice. Looks like I won, this time.

I close the door behind me as soon as I enter, resting my forehead on it and letting out an exasperated breath. I think I need a nice and warm bath. Turning around to get to the bathroom, I let out a sudden gasp at the figure standing beside the large windows.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I shout at Delmont, raising a hand to my heart in shock.

He raises a brow, probably because of my foul language, and places his hands in his trousers pocket. "You're angry, and I'm sure you do stupid things when you are."

"First, that's nonsense and second, get out of my room before I drag you out myself," I respond keeping my tone calm. I realized not so long ago that raising my voice at him didn't seem to affect him at all.

"I can't leave you if I suspect you could do something that would get you hurt. The king would agree with me, I'm sure." Delmont shrugs nonchalantly and sits down on a chair by the bed.

"Oh really? And do you think the king would agree with you being alone with his daughter in her room?" I mock him with a hint of sarcasm.

He smirks, leaning back on the chair and spreading his legs slightly. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"Get out, I'd like to take a bath and go back to my personal activities," I mumble trying anything to get him to leave me alone. I only realize how badly my words can be interpreted when the smirk on Delmont's face grows.

"Please, don't bother yourself with my presence and do go on with those personal activities of yours," he says as a perfect chuckle escapes his mouth.

My face burns red at his words and I suddenly wish I would have ignored him and just gone on with my plans of taking a bath. I'm about to respond when a knock sounds at the door, making my eyes go wide in panic.