Raiders of the Last Fabric

On Point

Bon Voyage Bourgeois

By Rena Rouge

BREAKING NEWS! We have just heard that the San Francisco Ballet Company are looking for a ballerina to replace their Prima and will be attending The Agreste Christmas gala to find their new talent. If there was ever a time to perfect those pirouettes then it is now.

Sources tell us Lila Rossi (20) has her eyes on the prize and is willing to do just about anything to get it. Now we know she's dancing alongside Adrien Agreste (22) in the dance of the Sugar Plum fairy, we know this is a viable option, we just hope nobody will sneak in to steal the spotlight.

In other news, it seems Chloé Bourgeois (22) has bagged herself a prestigious place with the London Royal Ballet. Everyone in the dance world knows it has been the dream for the Prima since she was a young performer. Her last showcase with Agreste will be at the Christmas Gala before she's off to venture into new things in the new year. Good luck Chloé, we look forward to seeing you back out with your new company.

*****

As they navigated the subtly lit corridors of the mansion, Adrien couldn't shake the tension in the air, acutely aware of the risk they were taking. Every creak of the floorboards seemed to echo the stakes of their clandestine journey, heightening the suspense as they ventured deeper into the shadows of the mansion.

In the hallowed halls leading to his father's design sanctum, Adrien's pulse quickened, his breaths synchronised with the weight of their mission. The looming presence of the closed door stirred both apprehension and determination, signalling a pivotal moment in their daring escapade.

His hand shot backwards, his head remaining forwards as he guided his partner in crime past his old bedroom and towards their destination. Every step adding to the betrayal, yet also righting the wrongs of his father.

A smaller hand slipped into his, confirming their connection as they continued to move onwards. They were almost there.

Adrien knew where his father was making the costumes, he'd been there a couple of times to try on his own, and it was from this that he knew his father had spare material — enough at least for Marinette to recreate the bodice in Alya's size.

They'd formed the plan back at the dorm room as Alya calmed down and sat in Nino's lap. If they could get into the design room and grab the material, Marinette could work her magic and recreate the leotard part of the costume. The way Marinette had spoken about it, the job would be quick and easy... something to do with his father's craftsmanship. He wasn't sure if that was a positive or negative critique.

As soon as they were done and the plan was complete, Marinette trusted Adrien enough to pack up her sewing machine and some overnight clothing, whilst she jumped in the shower, returning five minutes later decked out for a mission.

"What are you supposed to be?" Adrien asked. "A watermelon?"

As Nino laughed, Marinette looked as though she was going to hold back any kisses for him for a week. But in his defence, she was decked out in red with black spots, what was he supposed to think?

"You really need to check out the line between jokes and offending dude," Nino said, moving with Alya to the bed and settling beside her, Alya finally cracking the first smile he'd seen since he'd got there.

It had been agreed Marinette would stay with Adrien for the evening, allowing Nino and Alya some time together and for Marinette to work on the costume in peace... also it wouldn't hurt the two of them to salvage what was left of date night. He'd planned a romantic meal and a walk along the Seine looking at all the wonderful Christmas lights. He was gutted they had to cancel, however, Alya was important to Marinette and over the time he was spending with her, she was important to him too. They would have more opportunities for dates, Alya was priority right now.