Truth and Other Stories

On Point

Dance Master Steps Down

By Rena Rouge

Recent news coming from Italy, is that the Italian Ballet Company's dance master, Robert James (28) has been asked to step down from his position within the company due to unforetold allegations.

Robert started his dance career as a Principle at Agreste Company in Paris, before taking on a mentoring role as Dance Master, and trainer to none other than Adrien Agreste (22). At the moment we cannot publish any details as we don't know for certain why he has been forced to take leave from the high class school and company.

When more information is available we'll update you as soon as we can. For now, we must stick by the old saying – innocent, until proven guilty.

*****

Marinette had heard many stories over the years. Some happy, some sad and some damn right terrifying, and as she sat here now, side by side holding onto him, she saw one of the darkest pitfalls of the dance world. Of those in a trustworthy position using it to their advantage.

"Did he — did he do anything to you?" she finally asked, wanting to track the guy down and make him pay.

How dare someone in a trusted position just do what they pleased, and as for Gabriel? What kind of a father allowed that to happen to their son? Just another reason to make sure she did whatever she could for her partner to free himself from the Agreste name.

Adrien fiercely shook his head. He stretched to touch his face, a hand wiping harshly underneath his lashes and removing the glistening signs of tears away from his skin. She could just imagine Gabriel's response to seeing Adrien cry. He'd most likely tell him to man up and get on with it. That life wasn't fair and he had to live with it.

However, Marinette saw something different. She saw the harsh exterior, Adrien surrounded himself with, crumbling away. A Lost Boy returning from Neverland after being held hostage by Captain Hook. The boy that was abused thanks to his surname.

"What a prick!" she exclaimed, a snotty snicker coming from the man sitting beside her.

"Plagg saved me, for want of a better word. I had been in the middle of a private session when he walked past and dragged me out the room. Nothing was going on, but Plagg had said he'd heard something and wanted to make sure someone was watching my back. He called my father and ripped him a new one that day, and he hasn't left me since. He refuses to."

She could tell he was trying to speak with some humour, that he was pulling on his mask to shield his pain from her — his embarrassment, but he had nothing to feel embarrassed about. This wasn't his fault.

"You should never have been put in that position, Adrien. You should never have had to experience some bastard manipulating you. I'm so glad Plagg was there for you."

"Me too. I feel like him and Tikki are my family. They've been my constant support and encouragement through everything."

He turned his head towards her, and the sheer intensity in his eyes had her breath catching in her throat. His eyes were the brightest she'd ever seen, jewels of misunderstanding and neglect. He deserved to be loved. To feel the way a family should — to feel what he got with Tikki and Plagg, but all day, everyday.

A prang of jealousy shot through her for the close contact of the 3. It wasn't that she didn't experience that kind of love herself, the love and affection she felt from her Maman and papa was intense. But this was different. This was a hole she never realised she had. One that was different from the love of a family. Something more unique, more intimate. Something more... she didn't want to linger on feelings she couldn't even name. It was all too much.