Chapter 8

As many if you who have been reading this for a while may have already seen, I did change the name of the title. I don't really know why I did but I just thought it sounded more poetic and fitting to the story.
Anyways, sorry for the wait, schools keeping me very busy, unfortunately. Here's the new chapter!! 👉🏼👉🏼

••••••••••••••

"Take a seat, I'll try not to be long"

He smiles at her and touches the back of her head before he leaves to go into the next room.

Kaida sits down at his table and thinks back to the unexpected memory that came to her—she never did find out who Akito was speaking of that night. But now her words were starting to make some sense...

Was Shigure the one Akito sent away? Did he...did he sleep with Ren?

She lifts her head and looks around the room. There was nothing but a table in the living room, no pictures on the walls, no furniture, no personal details. Empty.

Lonely.

It reminded her of her room. She only had her bed, her dresser, her piano, and the wall of books she kept. She had never thought to put up any personal details because she didn't have any. The pictures she would take with Akito for family reasons stayed with her, the small gifts Kureno would give her, Akito would dispose of them. She sometimes drew things she would see when sitting at the cafe but the handmaid always found them and gave them to Akito. Most of those things she didn't care for, it was only her books that she wanted to preserve. They and when she had the opportunity to play her piano, became her sole comfort. She didn't care for anything else.

She wonders how long Shigure has lived here. If Akito was speaking of him, it couldn't have been more than 3 weeks.

The Sohma's owned this land?

When it came to her family's affairs she was mostly in the dark about it all. She would only attend family dinners when Akito let her and even then no one spoke more than a hello to her. She was always behind or to the side of Akito, so when one of them did try to converse with her, Akito would be there to talk for her. She didn't mind it, most of her family were people she wouldn't want to speak with anyway. She knew they didn't care for her, but since she was part of the head family—they had to.

I wonder if they own more land or property. Can it be possible...

"You're so quiet, I feel as if I'm all alone"

She doesn't respond

"Crickets. Well since I'm almost done, where would you like to eat Kaida?"

"Anywhere is okay"

"Yes, but what do you prefer to eat? I'm sure you have a favorite dish"

She doesn't.

But she doesn't want to say that, so she says the first thing that pops into her mind.

"Soba"

"Soba! All right, I know just the place—"

BANG!