Chapter 5

(Sorry for the long wait been realllyyy busy, will try to update real soon!)

Crowded. Noisy. Hot.

The first words that came into Kaida's mind to describe the street fair. They had taken a car to get there, but since most of the streets were closed off, there was no choice other than to walk. Kaida never realized spring could bring such heat, as it came bearing down on her. The heat would have been tolerable if her companion wasn't in such a hurry; he walked as if someone were always chasing after him. While he was walking/running, with her never far behind him, not once did he ever stop talking. After minutes of him babbling, Kaida decided to block him out entirely, until they arrived. And as soon as she saw how many people were there, she immediately wanted to turn around and go home. One wrong move and she could turn into her zodiac form at any second.

She didn't know what she was expecting, but it was definitely not what was before her. They were at the entrance of the fair where they were able to see everything looking out.  There were open houses made up of white fabric all along both sides of the streets. Inside them were stands and tables filled with all sort of different things. On the outside the houses were decorated with all kinds of colored string and lanterns. People were heard and seen everywhere. Inside the houses, walking down the middle of the street, there was no place that didn't have people surrounding it.

Raiden was taking to her and pointing at something but she wasn't focused on him; there was a child a few feet from them, twirling around and laughing. He had a stick in his hand that was attached to a red colored string, whenever he twirled around, the string would look as if it were dancing. The mother was just watching and smiling at the child, who laughed so hard he almost fell over. Kaida watched them with curiosity, why was the child laughing so hard? Was the stick making him laugh like that? How come the mother was smiling too? She wanted to go to them and ask, when the child stopped twirling and looked right at her. He stood there watching her with a confused look, as the mother chatted away with a person passing by. She didn't know what to do, so she turned back around to face her companion, trying to understand what he was saying.

"We could get some Daifuku or Mochi or Dora-yaki. But its pretty hot, something refreshing would be better....I know! We'll get some kakigori! What do you think?"

He turns toward her, "Sure"

"Great! We'll go look for some, come on"

Raiden reaches for her hand, then quickly retreats it when he realizes, "Sorry" He gives her a sideways smile. He then motions his head and starts walking into the sea of people. Kaida goes to follow him, when something tugs at her dress. She looks down to find the child who was twirling his stick. On instinct she backs away from him. The hand that tugged her dress falls to his side.

"Is there something I could help you with?"

The child doesn't say anything for a few seconds, he just continues to look at her

She stares back at him, waiting for his response.

"Why is your hair white?"

Whenever Kaida when out (which wasn't very often) she would entirely forget how she must look to others. A girl who had unnatural white hair. The people at the coffee shop weren't phased by her anymore, but from time to time there were those who looked at her with curiosity for a few seconds before they probably assumed she dyed her hair such a color. Her lilac eyes though, were deemed too unnatural by Akito so whenever she went out, she put on brown colored contacts. They sometimes would itch her eyes but Akito was right, there was no way she could explain why she had lilac colored eyes. She often thought about dying her hair entirely to hide how unnatural she was, she would never get used to the prying eyes.